Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Draw me close

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

Hold me in this wild, wild, world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get

The saurian woman was more than just a little relieved to see the cave. She could resist the sudden flush if energy. Her flight carrying her further into the valley, her bright laughter melding with his own as he took off, yelling at her for cheating. She grins cockily at him, "I wouldn't call it cheating, just taking advantage of my assets." She retorts, her tone brighter with the idea of the promised warmth. She follows him in, shaking off her body, her wings rustling to dislodge the snow that cling to the weathered webbing.

She patiently watched him as he explained his way around s fire, his words intriguing her. She'd heard those names before, though no one had ever answered her queries about them, usually telling her to go to some library. She would have to ask him about these gods later, right now she wanted to know about the fire. She was curious of the two rocks however. More so when. He struck them together. The sparks had her eyes widen

He retrieved the torch, a stout branch wrapped in a kind of tarry gauze. From a small pouch next to it, he pulled two small objects, one a jagged piece of stone in muted gray tones, the other a curling rod of metal, perhaps iron. He held the items up for Pangaea to see clearly in the light of the cave entrance. She could barely focus on the explanation of sparks summoning fire. "Wait, wait. You made Rock Lights and produced fire from it?"

She pauses as she realized he likely wouldn't understand her reference. So instead, she used the claws in her less injured legb(or rather the injury not on the ankle joint), and with a practiced movement, she snapped and dragged the claws, the strength causing friction that left sparks in the wake, "We dance with those." She explains with a soft laugh, "Met to demonstrate beauty in the danger, to dance among the sparks. Rex taught me about it." She explained, "But I did not know they could provide warmth."

She follows him deeper into the cave. The slit style of her pupils allowing her to see better in the lower lights. This area seemed large but she was curious about wherebrhet wouls stay. His request to follow had her nodding as he suddenly slid between a gap of the wall and stone. She followed him, carefully keeping her wings folded tight, following the hallway at his heels, until they finally emerged into a room.

Pangaea feels relief as he lights a larger fire, her gaze glancing around at shelving, boxes and the likes she could only kinda see. And then the fire jumped to life, and suddenly she could see. Really see. Furniture and baskets filled with items, shelves of preserved items (the fruit immediately catching her attention . . . This wasn't some small sheltering cave. This was . . . Her gaze turned to him, confused, "Gareth? What exactly is this place?" She asks as she carefully lowers herself to the ground near the fire, poking at the wounds on her legs, wincing at the raw stab of pain, before she glanced at him, gaze still slightly skeptic,  "Do . .  You have any of those healing plants that could . . . Help with this. I won't lie, it's not been a fun walk. And . . .  I'd like to see you work . . . If you'd be willing to explain what you're doing." She offers with no small amount of trust, as she flicks her tail, wings folding gently and her gaze curious about this 'healing'.

Hold me in this wild, wild, world

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes:. Awkward phone post.

Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get
Now draw me close

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Draw me close - by Pangaea - 01-27-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: Draw me close - by Gareth - 01-27-2022, 09:08 PM