Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Draw me close

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

Hold me in this wild, wild, world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get

As he walked away, moving items along his shelving units, searching for what ever he needed, it gave Pangaea a moment to relax. Now that his prodding was done those first cuts were soothing to a simple tender pain, nothing substantial or serious. With the cold rocky floor pressed against the hot flesh, she could only assume it had hurt like it had because of the stress and tension of over worked muscles. 

Her gaze slowly drifts back to the solidly built healer. Did he not feel any of the stress of travels himself? Surely he must, yet he was venturing out to help her. Determined to see her turn out alright. To heal. It had been a long, long time since anyone had truly cared about her . . . Gareth seemed to be making up for that lost time. In the back of her mind she wondered if Noor had made it through the mountains before the snow fell. Gareth didn't seem worried about it, so she was hopping so . . . But didnt Gareth have anyone else waiting for his return either. She'd deny it, if asked, but she was certain a handsome and considerate man like him had to have a mate back home, watching the trails for his return. She hoped not . . . Purely for the comfort of her having to be stuck in his home while she healed. Nor for any other reason, of course. Just a worry of tension.

She does take the time to demonstrate the range of mobility for her limbs, but at his careful study and thanks, her gaze dropped, carefully using her forelock to obscure her gaze at the reminder of how different she was from these horses. A beastly creature. "Oh, don't mention it. Seemed important for you to know, since you're working on something less than normal." She responds simply, her head dropping back down onto her front limbs.

He settles down next to her leg again, and she silently lifts her tail off the floor, the hefty weight of it shifting up to coil around her hip, before falling down her back and pooling our of the way. At least now he wouldn't have to worry about avoiding tail hair too. He speaks as he organizes the gathered materials in front of him, and her head lifts to give him her attention. Her expression shifts to obvious relief at the mention of the other wounds being more minor, no real trouble, "That is better news than I could have hoped for." She admits.

As he places the herbs into an odd indented rock, she leans in closer to see what he is doing, and is grateful for the explination for what they are meant to do. She shrugs of his concerns of potency, offering him a faint smile, "A little numbing is better than none at all." She had a feeling a little would go a long way with this task.

She doesn't blame him for wanting the ingredients to last either. He looks back up at her, and for a moment, those warm eyes hold her captive in their gaze. Didn't this man know what kind of effect those kinds of looks could have on a mare?! She shrugs off these thoughts with the reminder there is much ahe doesnt know about him (including if he is single), and there were more important things on the line - like her wounds.

She nods her acceptance, expecting the coming agony, though the description of what he was going to have to do only made it sound worse. "Be gentle with me, doc." She tries to tease to obscure her nervousness, before flinching when he began to clear the area of the wound. She swallowed hard, steeling herself for the pain to come. She does snort slightly at his words, a playful smile tugging at her lips, "Not my first run in with something bigger trying to eat Mr. Just the first time the wound has been in such an unfortunte case." The emotion in his eyes does something else to her stomach, the butterflies growing when he comments her strength. She ducks her head shyly. All former playful bravado gone when he looks at her like that. Her muzzle's gone dry, and words allude her before she manages a soft, "Thanks."

Her gaze snaps back to him when he tells her to keep being strong, and to not keep stifling her screams with her wing claws. She sheepishly smiles, "Fine, but if you go deaf because of my screams, remember you asked for it." She pauses, her gaze towards the entrance, before asking quietly, "Screams of pain can attract predators ... I don't want to be the cause of a  greater predicament." She explains before her gaze returns to him, "But if you're sure we would be safe here, I'll avoid biting down on my wings." The amount of trust she was offering was hard to get a grip of, but if anything Gareth had shown he would honor that trust, so the mare held her ankle still so he could get to work.

Hold me in this wild, wild, world

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes:. Awkward phone post.

Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get
Now draw me close

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Draw me close - by Pangaea - 01-27-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: Draw me close - by Gareth - 01-27-2022, 09:08 PM