Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't wanna be here

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 20
Nigh Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 27  |    Active Magic: Mage  |    Bonded: N/A

savannah

sometimes i don't wanna be here
it's a living nightmare, i don't wanna be scared
looking at myself in the god damn mirror
things will be alright, you just gotta say a prayer

Where one may find a charming array of characters interacting, laughing, dancing, drinking and celebrating, Savannah felt them closing in on him. He felt every press of a body briefly against his own like some sort of hellish nightmare threatening to burn him alive. Some were made for this scene, and perhaps, had he been raised by his parents, a social creature may exist in his place. Instead, the stallion had been raised all through his foalhood in literal isolation. Some days he hadn't even seen a maid. Just books, and studies, and magic.

Socializing is an art form that requires talent, practice and comfort levels large enough to succeed in most social settings- Savannah's upbringing saw him with a distinct lack of both. Sure Syn had her heart in the right place, wanting to see him happy, making friends, getting out of his workshop. But her 'throw him in the deep end and he'll learn to swim' method was a bust. There was no way he would approach anyone.

The sudden arrival of a stranger proved he may not need to. The stallion peered from beneath his hood at a being who wore gold as if he'd showered in it, a bespeckled arrangement upon his pelt as if someone had grabbed a handful of gold dust and blew it in his direction, painting his ebony hide with luster. What was a man like this doing so out of the fold of the crowd where he must surely shine Ike a star among peasant, a priceless gem among mere rocks.

Did he know, sense,, Savannah himself was but a geode, unopened and hiding his own sparkle deep with in? He suspects this won't be a brief encounter when this galactic being turns his attention towards him, though Savannah is startled enough to snort in laughter at the man's words. Feed Syn to the dragons? Wait . . . "Forgive my deplorable lack of knowledge on a new location, but did you say dragons? There are dragons here?" There was a brush of restless excitement at the thought, despite being delivered in a cultured tone with an accent so old it had been locked away by time. Messy work, time travel. Especially when it involved dimension jumping. "I don't imagine it would be dreadfully poor for the dragons to stomach such a thing, and I would be a rotten friend for subjecting her to such a gruesome demise." As if it would be a truer crime that he wouldn't be able to feed her to dragons, his tone rueful. 

The idea of turning her into a brooch how ever. He did pause, quickly checking his appearance, alarmed at the use of the word clothes, "Clothing? You must be referring to the enchanted cloak I don in public. It should keep my appearance as well as attire proper obscured from the public eye. Regardless, as tempting as it is to permit you to fastener her as a brooch, I fear she'd never shut up about the indignity of it all." He sighed, faux forlorn, "I would hate to waste an enchantment on her anyways, in this lesser powered stage."

He was surprised this being had settled by him, and now as he had a moment of silence, fetching his own drink, another already; from a passing wait staff, he quietly observed the stranger. "You'll have to forgive my confusion, but you strike me as the sort to be the life of the party. Yet you've settled over here where the air is quieter. The number of individuals, few? Why?" The mysterious being asked. Raising his glass to his muzzle, sipping the alcohol even as he made a face at the sting. Couldn't there be just one bar that served old fashioned mead? He distracts himself from the strong alcohol by stealing another glance at this glorious being, before awkwardly taking a stab in the dark, "My name, by the way, is Savannah." The mage added, words more casual than his pounding heart and struggle to socialize would suggest. So he threw back the rest of his cup of liquid courage, wondering how much he would need to keep up with the godly being who had chosen to rest near him.

Likely not enough, even now Savannah suspected they were too different, a shade all but blurred out before the glory of a sun.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Alecto
Notes: <3 teehee

Character Art/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Don't wanna be here - by Savannah - 01-29-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Alecto - 01-31-2022, 01:27 AM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Savannah - 01-31-2022, 08:41 AM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Alecto - 01-31-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Savannah - 01-31-2022, 01:20 PM