Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't wanna be here

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 20
Nigh Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 27  |    Active Magic: Mage  |    Bonded: N/A

savannah

sometimes i don't wanna be here
it's a living nightmare, i don't wanna be scared
looking at myself in the god damn mirror
things will be alright, you just gotta say a prayer
The mage is surprised with the fellow appearing from nowhere, and from the corner of one pastel pink eye, he notes the half-grin of amusement at the start. Savannah bites back an annoyed look, but it is the action that follows next that startle him more. At that moment, as more bodies press in, as Savannah starts to flinch back, this stranger moves, his body more forward, turning slightly, so he's between the mage and the crowd. The mage tilts his head, glancing curiously at the stranger before finally nodding his head in thanks. He can't imagine why this being would offer the faintest of shelters for the socially awkward hermit magician, but he would accept it nonetheless.

As he speaks, he thinks he sees a nod, his eyes narrowing slightly, tilting his head, but the words from the muzzle of this celestial being (for surely no mere mortal would wear the pelt worthy of a god), the mage is filled with excitement at the idea of small dragons made a home in this land. What magic must layer itself in this world for it to be filled with such wonderous creatures? Well, he knew that already, likely more than others. The soft glitter of gold that clung to the rare few, and the more extreme amounts that seemed to hang in the very air, the very earth of this land, "I do not know why I am surprised. This land is drenched in magic. Of course there would be dragons here." He responds quietly, not bothering to explain his assumptions on how much magic there was around them.

Most didn't understand when he tried to explain anyway. He does glance curiously at the stranger when he's called a mystery, and the mage can't help but grin in response, "Most mages work with an air of mystery about them, do they not? Keeps one guessing . . . wanting more." He responds airly. His master had been plenty vocal about that 'never admit your limits.'

The laughter turns his gaze, and he grins slightly at the fellow's words, "I would hardly call myself fearsome. It would be a rather deserving use of magic, I assure you. A friend, she may be, but she oversteps boundaries just to see me flinch." He shakes his head slightly, and for a moment, a glimmer of pale blue is seen as a lock of hair falls free of his hood before it disappears back inside the depths once more. "I am not the sort to wear a dress, I assure you. But that doesn't mean I'm not aware of my own ability to be rather . . . recognizable in appearance. My cloak, while plain to the eye, is heavily enchanted to allow me the anonymity I prefer to live life by." He explains simply. He liked being a fleeting memory of obscure appearances. Forgotten in an instant.

Usually, at least. He would be the first to admit a subtle shift of intrigue for this stallion who wore the stars as if they were a conversational piece. At the fellow's next question, the mage really smiled, "I was a mage who achieved greatness before losing it for attempting to meddle with powers beyond what I should have controlled. My abilities may be stunted now, but I hardly call myself seeking greatness today. I've developed a preference for tinkering at this point. Enchanting crafted items. A fireplace that lights itself with a command, for example." He shares before he can stop himself. If there was one way to get the stallion settled, ask Savannah about magic.

It was a rare moment of sociability that allowed the male to offer his name. However, he does duck his head with a rush of embarrassment at being called out for judging another by their appearance when hiding his own, "Of course, forgive me. Perhaps I was too forward." Vannah offered, before a slight smile tugged at his lips, "Though that hardly denies my assumptions, does it? I've been told I am a rather talented judge of one's character. Have I presumed wrongly, stranger?" He asks, his tone a little coyer, a little more curious.

Never had he imagined his anonymity would cause intrigue. He had kept his appearance, this enchanted cloak dull for that very reason. So he pitches his voice low, "And what, stranger, is so intriguing about me?" He asks quietly, before blinking in surprise when the other suddenly offers to leave him in peace. He snorts once, tilting his head to the side, "You're an amicable company for now. I suppose I shall allow you to remain, provided you consider refilling both of our drinks." He tilts his head, tone coy once more, a touch playful, "After all, you intrigue me as well."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Alecto
Notes: <3 teehee

Character Art/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Don't wanna be here - by Savannah - 01-29-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Alecto - 01-31-2022, 01:27 AM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Savannah - 01-31-2022, 08:41 AM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Alecto - 01-31-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: Don't wanna be here - by Savannah - 01-31-2022, 01:20 PM