Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Thought About You

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes
in the morning, i thought of you
i look out the window, i thought of you

The days had passed by with an undercurrent in the air. A slight nervousness that made butterflies in her belly every time those soft amber eyes turned her way or that gentle smile was gracing his features. The most gentle warmth threatened to undo their carefully orchestrated distance from one another. He tended her wounds reminded her to rest every time she attempted to assist him. But now, there was an extra charge of energy - the knowledge that their time isolated away in this cave was coming to a close, and that thought was even more terrifying than the occasional touch to her skin creating electricity where ever he touched, a charge that rocked her to the core.

Nights went by easier, peaceful, when the urge to touch him was weakened by the now unconscious snuggle, as he would hold her as they both settled into sleep, surrounded by shared scents and the soft crunch and crackle of the fire. Would this change when they reached his home? Would she be left to her own devices, curling up with just herself, yearning for his warmth, his comfort, him. She stretched out her ankle, testing the joint carefully from the fresh bandage applied earlier that morning, the wound still tender, but already her weight was supported well enough for her to maneuver around the cave to assist in gathering any supplies he wanted them to have with them for the rest of the journey.

It was a relatively quiet day, and she could feel the slight tension that she wrote off as being a sense of impeding travel, the knowledge that tomorrow would be the first day they would leave this place after being struck by the blizzard, and then giving her enough time to rest. Her eyes aren't on any sort of task she was to be doing. However, her eyes followed him as he busied about the cave as if he were a worker and rushing to get things done. He'd been at it for a while now, and with a sigh, she approaches, still being careful with the tender ankle, even as it's light support of the bandage - she may have to suggest double layering the linens tomorrow before their descent from the mountains, for extra support to help her move better, faster.

But that's a topic for later. Instead, she comes up his side, her muzzle dipping to gently touch his shoulder, and she can smell their combined scents on him, feel the way it did something to her stomach, "Before you say you can't rest, there's too much to do," She starts, unintentionally demonstrating how well they've gotten to know each other, "Just tell me what I can do to assist. And don't even think for a second you can placate me with any 'just rest for me' nonsense. I am feeling well enough to at least help you, and we have to travel down the mountain tomorrow, so I better start off slow now with walking on this ankle again. So, where can I help." Her words are gentled with a playful smile, honey eyes flashing with warmth as she looks up at her medicine man with a gentleness reserved for him alone nowadays.

blankly another passes by again

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: She's like, don't start. Just let me help you.

would you think about me
i thought about you
everything around me gets
coloted by you with familiar scent

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Thought About You - by Pangaea - 01-31-2022, 12:41 PM
RE: Thought About You - by Gareth - 02-01-2022, 03:55 PM
RE: Thought About You - by Pangaea - 02-01-2022, 05:32 PM
RE: Thought About You - by Gareth - 02-03-2022, 12:13 AM
RE: Thought About You - by Pangaea - 02-03-2022, 12:43 AM
RE: Thought About You - by Gareth - 02-04-2022, 12:54 AM