Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus
Poll: Do you accept Uzuri as the second sovereign of Terrastella?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
4 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Maybe
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Private  - The first step is the hardest (Liam)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Handlee" rel="stylesheet">
Pure of Heart

His words made her smile, his understanding of her words. "My teacher had me start with trying to build a sword from clay… it took me way longer than it sounds like it should, so I got plenty of practice on how to take a block and make it what I wanted. I prefer metal, but there is something reassuring about clay and the fact you can always add more material. Metal isn’t always that forgiving." She laughed softly. Her first bit of learning had been chaotic at best as she dealt with her own emotions and trying to understand his words. 

His grin was electric and had her feeling like she really had made a friend with the copper stallion. Hope started to spring in her heart and she felt a stab of worry along side it. What if he was just humoring her and wasnt as fond as she felt herself becoming? "Honestly, I have had times where my heart felt like winter even in the depths of summer warmth. Where my heart is hardened and cold, a wall of ice protecting it from further trauma. I think the seasons of the world and the seasons of who we are and who we are becoming have parallels. We may feel them at different times, but they still are there. Times of pain and coldness, times of happiness and warmth." She said softly, smiling at the fireplace and the warmth it would give. "Sometimes it takes a place of warmth from outside of our own emotions to thaw the winters and help us to grow again. Like plants in a greenhouse." She remarked, feeling her own heart warming and that thread of happiness that was trying to work through her defenses.

Uzi shook her head at his worry. "No… no force. I was stubborn and determined to prove myself even though I had a long way to go. The only one pushing me was myself. I couldn’t stop, was afraid that if I lessened my own training outside of the training with others, I would fail. Afraid that my own strength would prove the doubters correct in that I was not strong enough to hold my own." She answered honestly, taking a deep breath once she had finished. There was still that little voice in the back of her mind, telling her that she was fighting for nothing and would never get to where she wasnt invisible.

She was still floundering in the words from the sovereign, her eyes following his every move as if waiting for a strike. "Um… I think that there is differences that are interesting to try to wrap my head around. My entire goal in life has shifted from being a warrior to creating beauty and use from metal. But my desire to find a place where I belong is still there. I keep busy, making more than I need to, simply to keep the voice that tell me that I will never succeed from winning. I am grateful for those that I have met, for the friendships that I had before. But I am not the same shy mare that I was. I am finally feeling that I can move forward and be better than before. Like I can find something new and not be afraid." She answered softly, giving him a smile. "That I can find others to speak to and possibly make friends that are honest and true for the first time in a long time."

Uzi snorted softly. "I cannot say that I have met another. Though the meaning of the name might fit another better. I was never one to consider myself a beauty." She laughed softly, taking a moment to glance at her strongly muscled body and shake her head. 

Uzi laughed softly, smiling up at him and feeling some of the fear ebb away. "Trust me, it is not a lack of excitement. Rather the shock of being asked to step forward. I have felt invisible for so long that it seems surreal. Like a dream that I will wake from and find to be all undone." She answered softly, feeling that she could speak to him like a friend without worry of him spurning her words. "All I have ever wanted in my life was to make a difference for those around me. To help those that need it and be able to lead others to be willing to do the same. I would love that chance, relish it." She answered, pressing her muzzle to his shoulder to prove to herself that it wasnt a dream.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liam
Notes: <3

Messages In This Thread
The first step is the hardest (Liam) - by Uzuri - 02-01-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: The first step is the hardest (Liam) - by Uzuri - 02-23-2022, 12:13 PM