Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bones to Pick

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes
in the morning, i thought of you
i look out the window, i thought of you

Spring had arrived, and with the gradual warming, the saurian woman was feeling brighter as well as a lot better. She enjoyed the time now. Helping Gareth as they wandered about, his gentle explination for the items he harvested. But she could also sense Noor's displeasure. Gareth had realized she wasn't a hungry, mindless killing machine ... but Noor still saw her as the predator.

It made it even harder to realize those feelings that they'd blamed on the environment lf the cave hadn't been fleeting. She clung to the time she had left with Gareth, knowing eventually they'd have to part ways. Knowing eventually she'd over stay her welcome, eventually Gareth would have to choose Noor, soothe his own worries. And she'd leave, even if it may not be far.

In the time to pass, Denocte was its own balm to the mare who saw herself as an outcast, and monster. The idea of leaving Gareth would be hard enough, but leaving Denocte all together wasn't happening. But she was determined to enjoy the time with Gareth she had left . . .

But today was different. She kept close to Gareth, her gaze split from checking on Noor behind them, and the landscape. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Something was watching. It prickled her skin, distracted herself so much she hardly noted what Gareth was explaining, merely nodding her head distractedly.

The flash of color that looked out of place among the greenery was the first sign. She stiffened immediately, stepping away from Gareth and Noor, eyes now locked onto the vegetation. But there was no reflection of eyes. Where was it . . . Pangaea's entire body froze, blood running cold as she realized where the faint croaching figure slowly was approaching, and a snarling cry, low in her throat, like a reptilian throat rumbled out. Long, drawn out, a warning that had the figure pausing. 

"Noor. Move slowly, but closer to use. Immediately." Her voice was low, cautious as her ears pinned back, one hind leg scratching at the spil, turning up the grass and new flowers budding under hoof. The figure seemed to respond before the separation of her back could be fixed.

A wild animal lunging from a different part of the foliage, closer to the elk, and Pangaea cursed herself for not catching onto the very pack tactics she had used before - distract with one so another could track into position and attack. Pangaea's wings snapped out, moving before she could think her actions through.

Her mind repeating what Gareth had told her of bondeds.. what Noor met to him, what it could mean to lose him. In an odd opposite of how she first met them, it was Pamgaea slamming her weight into a predator. Her teeth clamped down on the creatures scruff even as she drove it into the ground with all her weight, teeth clamped but not delivering the killing blow as she held the predator to the ground.

She was too busy listening to the reactions. Two more. The one she'd spotted, and another further in, both sounding younger, less growls like the one she held in her jaws, more hesitant whines. One clawed limb pinned the predator to the ground, wings flaring out to block the sight of the elk from the tree line, a threatening sound, prehistoric and unheard for millions of years left her as she stared down at the prey beneath her.

Only when it seemed to realize it was dealing with something more ancient, more dangerous did it stop its struggling, the growls turning to whines. She pulled back slowly, even as the strength of her tail was proven as it whipped around, slamming into the slowly standing creature, sending it stumbling before it finally ran away, its tail between its legs.

Pangaea turned slowly towards Noor, her hair disheveled, a few fresh, but shallow scratches on her shoulders, her neck, her cheek. "You're alright?" She asked the elk, not daring to approach, knowing fair well he didn't care for her, not wanting to make the situation worse. Only after she visual looked the elk over did she look towards Gareth briefly, hazel eyes allowed to meet hazel, before her attention returned to the elk, a slight worried frown for how well he might be handling two threats in as many seasons.

These creatures and citizens of Novus weren't used to the constant threat of danger like she had been forced to live by for so long. She'd worry about herself after she made sure Noor wouldn't enter shock.

blankly another passes by again

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: <3

would you think about me
i thought about you
everything around me gets
coloted by you with familiar scent

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Bones to Pick - by Gareth - 02-13-2022, 08:44 PM