Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bones to Pick

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes
in the morning, i thought of you
i look out the window, i thought of you

It was over as quickly as it had begun, the taste of blood on her fangs, the sense of victory clouded with concern. She couldn't speak to the elk in a manner that would allow her to know if he was okay. He dropped to the ground, and she is quick to jerk back. Her head far away from him, backing up a few steps to keep from making it worse by looming over him.

She didn't want him to think he was trading one predator for another. Gareth's laugh soothed her own chaotic thoughts knowing it must be okay if he was so well enough to be laughed at. She smiles faintly, raising a brow at hearing the elk thanked her, "While I'm sure he has a lot to say to you on the subject of me . . . I'm not so sure I believe that's all he said." She snorted, even as she expressed her own relief that the elk was more or less alright, her body slowly relaxing, the sense of being hunted gone as quickly as it had taken to prove who the real predator was.

She warmed at Gareth's praise, her tail swaying slightly from where the reptilian core bound in hair was wagging in delight. "He's you're bonded and he's pack." She replies simply, even as her gaze settles on the elk, "I've lost one pack, I won't lose even a single member of my new one." She adds, a touch of steal to her tone even as she records her leathery wings. It's why she couldn't just bring herself to leave yet . . . To imagine leaving any time soon . . . Because Gareth, and Noor by extension, had folded their way into her being, and she couldn't imagine any other way to live (and she had no desire to have to relearn to sleep alone, to live alone). "I'm just glad you're alright." The raptor-horse stated honestly, before trotting to the water's edge, her gaze sweeping to the beaded thin scratches, before smiling sheepishly to Gareth, "Small scratches from what ever fur-covered hatchling that was, safe to let it heal naturally after a quick cleaning, right? What was that cresture,, by the way?" She adds as she turns away from the water, returning to her to companions while carefully maintaining that carefully constructed distance from Gareth, her gaze on Noor to see if he was calmer yet. "Perhaps we should cut this trip short . . . Just in case those hatchlings come back with the rest of their pack. Pack hunting is hard to take on, especially for a species I'm unfamiliar with."

blankly another passes by again

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: <3

would you think about me
i thought about you
everything around me gets
coloted by you with familiar scent

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Bones to Pick - by Gareth - 02-13-2022, 08:44 PM