Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Feud  - (AW) i got a bone to pick, somebody showed you the horror you weren't born with it

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END

It was both exhilarating and terrifying to be finally sparring. He was breathing heavily with both exertion and excitement. This was not what he had been expecting to find on his flight. This was not at all what he thought he would be doing. His heart raced in his chest during his attack. There was a thought he hadn’t considered as he saw her eyes widen. His hooves were already posed to crash down upon her, there was no turning back now.  What if he killed her? He hadn’t expected to see her eyes look like that. He hadn’t expected for it to feel like this. 

His moments of thought were interrupted by the sensation of horns on his flesh, and his hooves on her. The 2 prongs catch the vulnerable flesh of his chest and leave long cuts that lead up towards his neck.  Seeing her fall to her knees his heart leapt into his throat. Had he killed her? In all the lead up to being able to fight, he hadn’t really been able to grasp some of the reality that came with fighting. How could he? All he had ever known of fighting was skyward clashes of brutes of equal size, more squeal than blood. He had never seen the end of the fights, he never truely had been allowed to observe them. All he had known was that he could feel the fire of their blood in his veins. That he had been excluded and ostracized for being no good, but now he was grown and capable. 

In all the adrenaline he hadn’t really acknowledged the injury she had given him, his blood falling on the colosseum floor. It formed a thick warm puddle beneath him. “I fight for Vespera, I am a soldier of Dusk.” He called out with beaming pride towards Fever. Before he could get a response he saw her hurtling towards him, those twin horns ready to seek his flesh.He poised to launch himself from the ground to move out of the way of her charge. His jump and flight was awkward and nowhere near fast enough to avoid her entirely, her horns caught his underbelly, leaving two long gazes. As a result he bled as he flapped his wings and landed on the other side behind her. It was possible that Fever could end up covered in his warm fresh blood as he had gone overtop of her.His landing was awkward and he skidded under the loss of traction of his own blood. 

For a moment he expected to look down and see his own insides on the ground. The cuts to his chest and underside had not been as harsh as they had felt. They had deep penetrations and would take time to heal but were nothing life threatening. He pulled himself to his feet, short of breath and searing in pain. He was prepared to keep fighting her, his mind whispered to him that he could concede and it would all be over.  

“Does my blood satisfy Solis? Before Solis and Vespera we have fought.” he projected his voice not letting it waver. Trying to not let Fever sense the fear that was beginning to creep further into his chest. The fear that he could kill her, or that she would kill him. This was more than he had considered previously. Her fiery spirit and determination was both electrifying and terrifying. There was clearly much still to be learnt. He clearly hadn’t yet garnered the stomach for war.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AW) i got a bone to pick, somebody showed you the horror you weren't born with it - by Aeon - 05-20-2022, 02:29 AM