Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - always in my head

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Fang
He had retreated for a short while—taken a couple of months to withdraw from the bustle and attention of civilian life. He had detached himself from the population of Denocte, leaving the city walls behind in favor of the wilds, readily allowing himself to be swallowed by the solitude of the thick trees and various fauna. The boy had needed it, needed time to heal…again.

Requiem is…
lost.

(Simply lost, he tells himself, because his fragile mind and bleeding heart cannot handle considering the alternative). First Vasanta, then their home, then Adira, and now Requiem. If the gods had died in cinders and ruins, then Who or What is it that continues to assault him this way? His life is but a lowly tapestry, and Someone has taken their hallowed needle to deliberately rip each thread from the next, until he is left frayed and wounded and broken. Irreparable, perhaps? There are days he thinks so, when the grief is too heavy and the heartache is too raw, that he fears he is too, too far gone.

Fortunately, this is a day he doesn’t feel like he is foundering quite as deep as he has been. There is some relief from the weight that hangs over his shoulders, and his lungs feel mildly less tight in his chest. Taking advantage of this respite, however brief it might be, the boy finds himself soaring just over the surface of Denocte’s glassy lake. Occasionally one of his hooves droops to skim the polished surface, but he hardly notices—his attention is drawn to the wooden structure resting on the lakeshore.

Angling his broad wings, he veers around to what he assumes to be the entrance, his large frame landing heavily among the dewy grasses before he wanders up the steps. “Hello?” The boy murmurs, his voice quiet and not entirely meant to be heard. Aromas of various herbs and spices suddenly wash over him, and he smiles softly, his thoughts wandering to spontaneous flowers and delicate fluttering wings.

tag; @Caelum
“…”
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted

Messages In This Thread
always in my head - by Fang - 04-21-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: always in my head - by Caelum - 04-21-2022, 11:33 PM
RE: always in my head - by Fang - 04-28-2022, 10:53 PM
RE: always in my head - by Caelum - 04-29-2022, 11:45 PM
RE: always in my head - by Fang - 05-08-2022, 01:04 AM