Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - always in my head

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum treated the majority of the world the same way - as treasured individuals who ought to be greeted with warmth, care, consideration and of course kindness. Whether it was a stranger station with rocks growing from his skin, or a sooty young stallion, still growing back ruined feathers, or red demon-like stallions. THey all are treated with that same warmth. From Luvena, to Sebastian to Vikander when she can find the proper words to actually formulate when he is around. (Although, if she's properly aware of herself, she'd be the first to admit how terrible she is about formulating words when Vik was around - a poised princess she was not, when he was near by).

Fang, however, while hardly more than an acquaintance was far easier to talk to, and as he seemed to startle back as the red spirit of an orb swirled around him, lighting up his pelt, helping her see it wasn't the form of Trey come back to the dead that she had first seen, and instead someone else. As he repeats her bonded's name, the red energy seems to brighten, glowing a bit warmer, practically twinkling in response, before it circled around him, twice; at the greeting, "I am so dreadfully sorry about her; she is not socially aware just yet. But she means no harm. Although; I would expect her to have more class then that. Invading another's space." The spirt had sprinted back to her, and hovered before Caelum, clearly sassying her, even if only Caelum could hear it.

There was a bittersweet warmth in Caelum's eyes, laughing freely at what the spirit had told her; but the pain in her eyes still blossomed as Tiana once more proved she shared the same energy, same personality as Trey had once. She shouldn't be surprised that his sister would be so similar to him, Tiana had practically raised him after all - yet she couldn't help the clench to her heart. "She apologizes, if she were to have alarmed you just now. But she has not yet been able to meet many visitors, and apparently could not 'resist the temptation to see what this land has to offer.' I had long ago discovered, it is sometimes best to just roll your eyes when a Morgan gets wild in such a manner." Her smile briefly falters, before she reinforces it quickly enough, "Her brother was far more wild than she, of course; so I hope to prove that if I had been able to handle Tremaine Morgan, Tiana Morgan will certainly be no trouble for me. But it may take time for Denocte to become used to her energy."

Speaking his name out loud was getting easier at least. Slowly.

She turns her focus to the stallion then, inviting him inside, questioning on how he has been, only for her eyes to cut towards him quizzically when he falters in his response. He rolls his shoulders then, a shrug; but she's watching his eyes, seeing something there. THe sort of thing she would see in the mirror if all of the ones in her home wheren't mysteriously broken or covered up. Finally he does find a response, stating to be doing well enough, better now, or so he thought, and she nods, her expression non judgemental, but kind, "Sometimes the real challenge can be taking each day for the day - but I have been also learning that living for today and not worrying about tomorrow until it arrives has soothed much of my own thoughts." She doesn't offer details, just as he was keeping silent on his own grieving.

There was a time to talk about it, and there was a time to not.

And so she ventures further into her shop and home, flowers growing and blossoming upon the slowly increasing living carpet she had given up on containing. She sees his gaze on them and she smiles faintly, "I have given up trying to keep my floors floral free - I find it is easier to just let the foilage stay." There is a strange tenseness to the corner of her muzzle as she looks around her shop, "Makes it feel more like Summer, more like home. I have yet to decide if I like it or not." Most of the time it wasn't so bad, but on those are mornings, bleary eyed, not fully awake, she can walk out into the main shop, not fully aware of where she was, and the set up would push her right back into the heart of her kingdom. Those days made the past all the more difficult to acknowledge.

In time she knew she would come to appreciate her own slice of the Summer Court in Denocte; but she wasn't there yet. Not just yet. SO instead she returns her attention to him, smiling when he spoke of taking her up on her offer and this time she beams brightly, her eyes lightening up, turning the dark walnut of her gaze into soft, warm chocolate; "Well, you are of course more than welcome! I always treasure a visitor when I receive them. It has been unfortunately quiet lately, so the company is surely to not be turned away."

He then looks around, and the little fae goes still, her eyes wide, waiting anxiously. It takes all of her control to not bite, and worry at her lip - praying, as she usually did when someone sees it for the first time; that they will like it. THey will appreciate the warmth, the twinkling lights of fireflies, and mage lights - the tidy medicine wracks. Satiny, colorful fabrics against the wall, as if in a marquee; pillows inviting one to lay down and relax in their comfort. He praises, calling it cozy, and nice and her smile is the brightest it has been. The flowers around her hooves blossom a bit brighter, and the pink hyacinth that blossomed around her temple, with in her mane was the most notable proof of her delight and platonic affection at his words.

"Thank you, it means so much to me when others express such positive thoughts on what I have built up here." She graciously accepted his words, before blinking at his comment of what she would recommend. Instantly, her gaze took on a playful gaze, twinkling as she lifted to the air, delicate filmy wings carrying her around him, urging him to take a seat among the pillows, "Sit, sit, let me treat you!" She declares, immediately turning towards her bar, and flying over the top, "Hmmm, There is much I like, But I have a soft spot for fruity flavors in my own teas, and the majority of those are not available to the public." She explains with a laugh while leaning against her bar, "It is never a good idea to partake in the food of the fae. Not unless you wish to become dependent on it. It is how my ancestors would kidnap others, you know. Encourage a mortal to take part in our fare, and then they cannot live with out it."

She laughs, almost awkwardly, "So I mark the fae treats to make sure no one accidentally eats one. Now, for someone who has not had a tea in a fair bit of time, perhaps it be best we start you with simple. Some soft chamomile, a bit of honeysuckle, sugar cane; and some peppermint to round it out" She makes up the tray, adding a platter of various treats made with raspberries, apples and blackberries, "Try this, and hopefully you shall enjoy it. There are some pastries here too, made fresh this morning. I have gotten into the habit of keeping them on hand in case Aeon stops by. Blackberries, Raspberries and Apple Filling - nothing dangerous, I assure you."

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana - the soul spirit

@Fang
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Messages In This Thread
always in my head - by Fang - 04-21-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: always in my head - by Caelum - 04-21-2022, 11:33 PM