Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - always in my head

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

The mare smiled in response to the fiery-eyed red horse at his assurances that no apology was needed, dipping her head in acknowledgement, "Well, I still apologize for her startling you - then. As for Tiana, she is a spirit, what is left of a soul. Her full name is Tiana Morgan, Morgan being her family name." The fae offered by explanation, smiling as the red ball of energy came back to her and swirled happily around Caelum's body, "She was my . . . . " She pauses, and there's a flash of emotion in those brown eyes that is at odds with the easy smile that Caelum usually wheres. She powers through it however, "She is the sister of someone who was once very special to me when he was alive. I may no longer have Tremaine's company - but I shall forever be grateful for Tiana's presence."

How hard it was to pretend her own grief wasn't waiting below the surface, burning hot in her chest, as she tried to crumble it into a smaller ball to shove deeper down inside. Far deeper inside, consider how Tiana's arrival had reminded her so strongly that Tremaine would never be able to come back. She looks into her shop, motioning for the stallion to follow her, he doesn't respond to her quiet encouragement, and instead, she cannot help but watch the flash of agony that outlines his expression, and she feels her own heart drop in response, "I am not the sort who will press another for details in a situation where they may be unable to talk - but should you ever need to unload your thoughts, my door is always open, and I am always willing to listen." She simply offers, reaching out almost hesitantly, as if afraid he will burn her for the touch, but still managing to strengthen her resolve to offer the reassuring touch of her muzzle to his expansive shoulder. "But I will not express the offer again. If you prefer to forget it exists, so let it be; but should you wish to act upon it - you only need to let me know you accept."

It was easier helping others heal, than attempting to heal herself. She smiles when she notices him shuffling his way around the blossoms, "You need not worry about stepping upon the blooms, I fear they are rather resilient in my company. I have yet to discover what it takes to make them go away." She promises before her entire existence seems to brighten at his approving words, his declaration of liking it. She is surprised to hear him state he had an affinity with plants himself, able to speak and manipulate them. She looks at him in surprise, before smiling beautifully, "As a young filly; I had been enraptured with nature. I've always been able to grow it, certainly - my people are known for such abilities, but I've not imagined any fae able to speak with the plants, that must be quite the experience." She pauses then, almost hesitating, "Well, perhaps that is not quite true. While I cannot speak and understand the plants on such a level; i tend to understand them on a deeper level. It is . . . difficult to explain." It was part of being in the ruling class of the Summer Fae. Summer sang to her, and in response, the vegetation did too.

"When I first came to Novus, my own magic, the magic of the fae; had been locked away. Perhaps, you too will find your magic again?" She offered with a quiet understanding of how he must struggle to not have it now. When he comments on the fae being crafty, Caelum spins with a wickedly playful glint in her gaze, "Of course we are, we like the power over others. My people can play music that will force you to dance forever. We will steal your apologies and thanks as if they are favors you owe to us. We never lie, but we are careful and crafty with the truths we offer. And when we give you a promise, we keep it, and will ensure you do the same." She pauses, and the glint to her gaze, the ease of the smirk that plays on her muzzle is distinctly not fae. It comes from Tremaine, the demon lover who had nurtured her crafty side and made it something more, "Some of us are merely worse than others. I am thankfully not so interested in being crafty myself - but should I ever be . . . well, I once courted a demon-horse; and cannot say he did not taint me with his own unique personality traits. I fear I learned just as much from him, as he had from me."

As he takes to the pastries, however, she smiles at his declaration of them smell delicious as she nods quietly when he took a sip of the tea, speaking as he distracted himself with the treats before him, "For the most part, yes; though certain days, I also sell the wares of other various merchants, to provide them an additional reach of clientele. But the tea, and medicinal products are certainly my own work. I've always been fond of the creation of tea, being able to do so now is . . . rewarding. As for this place not being swarming with guests, I do believe a large portion of that may come from how far I am from the main hustle and bustle of the markets. Why come all the way out to Vitreus Lake, when there are other shops among the merchants one is already shopping from. I cannot hold it against them for not wishing to come this far out. I still have many regulars, and my medicine reaches a various amount individuals, so I am not hurting on income. But I also welcome any repeat customer I may gain, so perhaps you will have to come back, once you discover you shall not find another cup of tea as fine as mine?" She declared with a playful grin.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana - the soul spirit

@Fang
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Messages In This Thread
always in my head - by Fang - 04-21-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: always in my head - by Caelum - 04-21-2022, 11:33 PM