Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Go your own way

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END

He hummed softly feeling relieved that she was home to receive him. In hindsight the smell of her baking should have been a heavily weighted hint to this. He dipped his head as he moved inside. He had grown but somehow he still felt like he fit just as well inside. The familiar and comforting smell of her cooking intoxicated his nostrils. Coming and seeing Caelum was like a warm hug on a cold winter morning. She was always welcoming, and knew just what he needed. 

“You know I can’t resist your pastries” he replied somewhat sheepishly, feeling his stomach grumble. Many things had changed and grown within Aeon, however his love for Caelum’s cooking had not changed. In particular his taste for certain pastries. She mentioned that he was flying, he nodded softly, slightly spreading his wings showing his feathers had grown in well. A few looked a little more ragged, beside where he had plucked the couple of feathers for the flower arrangement. “Flying turned out to be the easier part, landing has been more challenging” he said with a soft snort. 

Being back within this shop almost made Aeon feel like a colt again. He had grown and matured a lot since his initial injury. It was likely without Caelum’s help he may not have recovered properly, or recovered at all. “It’s mostly occasional itching but I think that's mostly due to the feathers growing through properly, but it’s much much better.” He stood still feeling her eyes examining him. 

“These are indeed for you” he said softly presenting his attempt at arranging flowers to Caelum. His stomach fluttered slightly with anxiety. He honestly had no idea if the flowers he had picked were a good choice or if she would like them. He found himself a comfortable spot much the same way in the pillows when he had been originally treated. 

“I will” he said softly in response to her reminding him how late he was for his review. He smirked softly using telekinesis to fill the tea cups, and bringing one cup to his own mouth he sipped it gently. His heart raced once more, but this time with excitement to show her what he was now capable of. 

Holding the tea cup carefully still took more concentration then likely a well practiced and skilled practitioner. He put the cup down carefully before continuing to speak. The first port of news was not something he was sure he would be able to maintain concentration while speaking about. “Well, Liam has stepped down from leadership and Uzuri will be guiding us from now on. I still don’t feel like I have a meaningful relationship with Vespera. But Uzi tells me that she is like a loving mother, I haven’t felt a connection myself yet. I maintain my position as a dusk soldier and maintain rounding of our borders for safety and security. I am seeking new skills to learn but knowing what to choose is a challenge in itself. Everything is interesting.” he stops talking with a soft sigh feeling the weight of uncertainty of the future on his shoulders. He lifts one of the treats with his telekinesis and starts to chew it while listening for her reply. “But what about you? How's things here?”

@Caelum

Messages In This Thread
Go your own way - by Aeon - 04-26-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 04-26-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 04-26-2022, 12:07 PM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 04-29-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 05-13-2022, 10:25 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 05-19-2022, 12:06 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 05-20-2022, 02:51 AM
RE: Go your own way - by Caelum - 06-02-2022, 04:45 PM
RE: Go your own way - by Aeon - 06-07-2022, 02:04 PM