Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Next Step

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END

His mind was most at ease when he was doing his security rounds. He hadn’t exactly been assigned this task outright. His wings and his restless nature made him well suited for the job. Often lost in thought his mind worked best when he kept active and moving. This was a way that he was coming to memorize the exact borders and appearances of the dusklands. Knowing what was normal, was part of knowing when something was abnormal. He kept a reasonable pace and made several checks most days. Coming through the middle of the courtlands always reassured him that some chaos hadn’t broken out while he was in the outer reaches of their territories. 

It wasn’t so long ago he was a colt covered in a heavy layer of soot who couldn’t fly. He had been so lost until he had been taken into the dusk court by Bucky and Liam. His coming into adulthood also coincided with having had finally shedding the remnants of his burnt flesh. He had been lanky and awkward when he crashed, and now he had grown into his body. He was muscled and determined to ensure the safety of dusk. 

Finding a clearing he carefully tilted his wings to slow down his speed and prepare for landing. Landing cleanly as a large stallion remained a challenge. But practice was improving his landing technique, slowly. For now he needed to make sure it was reasonably clear and he had to take his time. He landed with a few flaps and a few loose feathers flying through the air. 

It wasn’t long before he continued on and came across Uzi talking to an unfamiliar mare. He approached them both, and dipped his head in both their directions in greeting. He caught Uzi commenting on the mare's frustration, but not exactly about what she was frustrated about. 

“Uzuri, all is well in the outer reaches of the court.” he said in greeting to Uzuri before turning to the stranger. “My name is Aeon, I'm a dusk soldier, I don’t believe we’ve met. What are you struggling with?” he asked softly, the warmth visible within his red eyes. 

Messages In This Thread
The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-12-2022, 09:27 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-12-2022, 02:40 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-13-2022, 09:43 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-14-2022, 02:22 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 10:10 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-17-2022, 12:05 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 08:37 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-17-2022, 09:57 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-20-2022, 11:04 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-28-2022, 09:48 PM