Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Next Step

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Mouser [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 10
Signos: 855
Dusk Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

When her proclamation was met with warm smiles and encouragement from both sides, the unconscious breath Phoebe had been holding slowly began to release. There was no doubt or discouragement, no inclination that she wasn't suited for this lifestyle she seemed hellbent upon following. It surprised her how ready Uzi and Aeon both were to help, in their own ways, and how supportive their feedback was right from the onset. A tiny, almost imperceptible sigh slipped from her muzzle, accompanied by a relieved smile. This was the sort of reaction she'd been hoping for. The type of reaction she never would have received back home with her parents. Here, at least, she could follow her dreams without restraint or obstruction.

Feeling her worries, her nervousness, quickly retreating, a new, budding excitement took its place, evident within the brightening of her star-dappled features. "Oh, I'm not from anywhere exciting," she answered, deciding it was probably best to start at the beginning--her beginning--to answer them both. "I mean, it's just another region kind of far from here. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but..." She made a face. "They weren't very encouraging. They kept telling me I was too small to be a soldier, that they didn't want me to hurt myself and I should leave the fighting to the bigger horses, you know." She tried to laugh, as if the thought was silly and absurd, but even now the recollection of her old herd's reaction still stung.

Phoebe took in a breath and straightened, gently nudging away the lingering hurt to make room for her more positive future. "Which is why I'm here. I want to learn how to properly fight and be strong like all the other soldiers I've been watching. I was actually hoping this afternoon to find a place where I could get a weapon--to train with at least, if I couldn't keep it for myself. It seemed easier than finding someone to teach me magic." She chuckled again, but there was a new spark to her eye, the realization setting in that finding someone to teach her might not be so out of reach. Everything all at once seemed to be falling into place. She couldn't believe it. She was ready to begin now.

Quickly, she added, "I'd love to start training, both just to make myself stronger and maybe with a weapon to get familiar with that...if I could borrow one to work with?" Again, she looked between the two, expectant now of further positive responses. A weapon from her sovereign, training with a fellow soldier...she couldn't imagine a better turn of luck!

ooc: @Uzuri @Aeon

Messages In This Thread
The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-12-2022, 09:27 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-12-2022, 02:40 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-13-2022, 09:43 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-14-2022, 02:22 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 10:10 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-17-2022, 12:05 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 08:37 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-17-2022, 09:57 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-20-2022, 11:04 PM