Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Redemption

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened carefully once more to the words she was speaking. Her father would arrange for her to be in union with someone? His brain turned and whirled at this. This concept of arranged marriage stirred the discomfort deep within his belly. How was this different to the path that he had been originally set on by his misunderstanding? That women could be traded like goods and services. He kept control of his outward expression, but this was another piece of information to tuck away in the back of his skull. This was not an arrangement he found palatable. 

The loyalty to her family shone through the perversion of their customs. That even with all this she was defending her father and his choices. Was this simply because it was all she knew? Would she benefit from having her perspective challenged in such a way that Veil had done for him? Either way Jarek contemplated that he was hardly in a position to command others about their customs at this time. 

He chuckled with soft warm laughter at her mention of him drawing attention. “I am but a common soldier here, but standing in my shadow allows you concealment at least from one angle. I would offer you my protection, but you don’t know me and have no reason to trust me.” He dipped his head slightly acknowledging her discomfort. He wanted to ask her many questions about her life and about life in the court. It seemed however that she was in a rush and he didn’t want to make her any more uncomfortable then he already had. 

“It has been wonderful to meet you Swahili, I do hope you enjoy the rest of your day.” He dipped his head once more and shifted sidewards to push himself into the crowds to allow her space/comfort away from him. The mare had piqued his interest. Her world from the snippets of information he had been able to get from her, had mirrors to his own past. He couldn’t help but feel the concerning feeling deep in his gut. If he was to build a life here, one with real meaning - these were the kind of issues he would need to deal with. 

To do such things he would need a reasonable place of power. The concept of aiding or leading the court had been brewing within him since his arrival. His lack of understanding of the systems and the current ruler had put his ambitions in check. His previous life experiences and those with the Veil Nebula had caused him to suspect any decision he made on impulse. Instead decisions somewhat had to be chewed, digested and potentially chewed again before he could settle on any one thing. His mind couldn’t help but wonder what the prophetical mare would think of the situation. Or what perhaps Caelum would advise him.

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Redemption - by Jarek - 05-13-2022, 09:07 AM
RE: Redemption - by Swahili - 05-13-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Redemption - by Jarek - 05-13-2022, 11:52 AM
RE: Redemption - by Swahili - 05-14-2022, 08:36 PM
RE: Redemption - by Jarek - 05-15-2022, 01:25 AM
RE: Redemption - by Swahili - 05-15-2022, 11:17 PM
RE: Redemption - by Jarek - 05-16-2022, 02:24 AM
RE: Redemption - by Swahili - 05-16-2022, 05:19 PM