Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Botanical Wonders

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He found himself standing before a tea shop, the floral smells from within lured him further within. He dipped his head to push his way into the shop. He was rather large and he had to take care when moving to not cause injury to himself or to property. “Good morning, My name is Jarek. I am a soldier, and I have just joined the day court” he said with a gentle smile, making direct eye contact with icy blue eyes. He nodded to the direction of the shopkeeper and started to peruse what beautiful scented plants had drawn him inwards to the shop. 

Looking from plant to plant, he admired how well taken care of the plants appeared. It made him think back to Caelum and her herbal shop. Perhaps there was the opportunity for trade and specialization between the courts. “Such beautiful blooms, and so well cultivated.” he praised with admiration. It was clear to see the shop owner was experienced and skilled. 

“Say, have you heard of worms that weave fine threads? We had them in my home-lands but I have yet to see them in this area. They are of great interest to me.” he asked softly, looking back at the shopkeeper and away from the plants.  He stopped for a moment to think about how to phrase their purpose. 

“You see, when great care is taken these threads can be wound together into the lightest, finest silk.” He said as smoothly as he could manage with a gravelled voice. His craftsman skills were in conflict with his appearance. He was capable of crafting fine high quality linens of various sorts. It was at this moment he was reminded about his interactions with Torielle. He didn’t fight the memory, acknowledged it mentally and continued to look at the plants. The Veil Nebula had said that fighting wholeheartedly against his demons was acknowledging them, and in some way giving them power. He was trying so hard to change, to build himself a new life.

OOC: @Cordelia 

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Botanical Wonders - by Jarek - 05-13-2022, 12:18 PM
RE: Botanical Wonders - by Cordelia - 05-17-2022, 11:19 AM
RE: Botanical Wonders - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 06:32 PM