Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - {Event} A dance in twinkling lights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

There was a flutter of emotions swirling within the mare. She had been a sovereign for a bit now and still felt like a filly playing dress up. Smiling softly into the mirror, she watched as one of the servants twisted her mane into an intricate style that showed off the colors within. She met the soft blue eyes of the mare and murmured a quick thanks to her. The servant disappeared quickly, leaving Uzuri in her room alone. Neema was somewhere in the court, likely causing chaos as she was prone to. 

Heading to her wardrobe, she selected a richly hued navy cloak. It settled over her frame, her wings sliding through specially made cuts to leave them free. Even after all of these years, she hated her wings being confined at all. Moving through the citadel, she entered her armory and gazed at the box that held the sapphire necklace. Taking a deep breath, she placed it around her neck to sparkle in the lanterns that had been placed throughout the courtyard.

Summoning her courage, she left the stone walls and entered the crowd with warm smiles. Reaching the stage that she had set up for entertainers, she looked over the assembled bodies and took a deep breath. She was nervous, her body shaking slightly under the cloak. "Welcome! Thank you so much for joining me in celebrating the festival and enjoying the time together! I am so happy to see each of you, no matter if you are from my own beloved court or from another! Everyone is welcome and this togetherness should be celebrated. One small note. This event is under an umbrella of truce. Anyone found fighting will be encouraged to leave so that all may be welcome and enjoy their time." She called over the crowd, her chocolate eyes alighting on familiar faces. 

"Now, enough with the official announcement and welcome. I am so happy to have you all here and hope that each of you enjoys the time you spend with us! Please eat, drink, and be merry!" She finished with a joyous smile before leaving the stage to find a drink herself. It was overwhelming to be the face of the event, but she hoped that it would be one that she could repeat in the future as well. 

Finding one of the tables that was hosting the refreshments, she selected a slightly alcoholic beverage to try to take an edge off of her nerves and enjoy the event more fully. Moving away, she watched an entertainer take the stage and begin to sing with her beautiful voice.

"Uzuri"
@--
Notes: Uzi has officially opened the Dusk Ball <3

Messages In This Thread
{Event} A dance in twinkling lights - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 11:00 PM