Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - {Event} A dance in twinkling lights

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum was getting ready, but it wasn't in front of the mirror - not that it could surprise many, if they knew the secrets in the fae's heart. It was hard to use a mirror to make yourself presentable, when you had smashed all the ones in your home. It wasn't the first ball that required Caelum to prepare for, in fact, it wasn't her first masquerade either. No, her first masquerade had been a far more precious experience, dancing with her black knight beneath the moonlight, when he'd finally claimed her to be his, declaring his intentions to court her before their friends and strangers alike. Now, however, she was preparing herself for a masquerade with out Trey at her side. She had no friends laughing and teasing her about what she should masquerade as. No one oohing and aahing as she got ready. It was an empty feeling. I'm so jealous! I want to play dress up too. That's going to look so lovely on you! The sudden voice in her head startled Caelum, and she turned towards the little red soul that hovered next to her, Oooh, and look at this necklace, and oh! You could wear this, or maybe that! The spirit adding, looking through the cloth spread over the bedding, before the spirit moved in a way that Caelum could almost imagine her turning towards her, and Caelum felt the tears prick in her eyes, realizing the spirit had noted on her wistfulness of the past, and had taken the steps to stand in for where Shiori had once stood. I cannot replace Trey - but . . . I can stand in for your missing friends.

Caelum shook her head, smiling through her tears, even if weakly, "You are not a replacement Tiana, you are a gift from the heavens." The fae whispered, before wiping her face against her knee. "Well then, let uss get me ready, shall we?" The majority of the decisions had already been made, it just required the preparations. It started with the sheer, iridescent fabric, shimmering like a rainbow over her back and around her wings, before the little fae took a deep breath and opened a jewelry box that had been sealed for many years now, laughing at Tiana's squeals of awe over the jewelry inside, "Some of it was mother's, some of it is mine." The little fae admitted, as she settled the collar like necklace of thin chain work, diamonds and opals around her neck, fastening the cloak to it, so it draped properly around her lean body. A matching set of chains, diamonds and opals were set against her tail, intertwining around base of ivory strands left in their natural state of long, loose and slightly wavy. A final set of chains was slipped over her face, with a matching piece of fabric clipping to it to act as a veil over her features, decorating the soft lines of her face, while not obscuring her vision to much - the gems shining beautifully and pale against her dark face. Small flowers blossomed through out her mane and tail, shedding petals as she moved around her room, making sure everything was in order, before smiling shyly to her bonded, "Shall we go, Tiana?" She asked, making sure Tiana's necklace would be easily accessible over the collar around her neck.

The spirit and fae soon left the tea shop, making sure to properly close and lock it up, before they both took to the sky to make their way to Terrastella, "I hear that Coyotl's sister, Uzuri is queen of Dusk now. I met her once when I attended Coyotl and Callynite's wedding. I am curious to see how she is adjusting." The Fae commented to her bonded as she flew, soon making her way across the sea, and landing lightly just outside the courtyard to make her way inside. She glanced up to see Uzuri approaching to address everyone, and smiled faintly to note the slight nervousness. But the introduction was very well done, and as the crowd was instructed to enjoy their time, before making her way through the tables to where the Dusk Sovereign was getting herself a refreshment, "You seem to be settling in well at the mantle, Uzuri.[/color" The mare stated quietly in greeting, dipping her head softly. "[color=#ffffff]It has been some while since we were introduced at Coyotl's wedding, I hope you have been doing well?" The runaway fae queen stated gently, with a kind smile upon her face.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana - the soul spirit

@Uzuri <3
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Messages In This Thread
{Event} A dance in twinkling lights - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: {Event} A dance in twinkling lights - by Caelum - 05-17-2022, 11:17 AM