Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 125
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

s w a h i l i

take a drunk girl home
let her sleep all alone
leave her keys on the counter
your number by the phone
pick up her life she threw on the floor

Swahili stood, her ankles almost shaking, beside the front door of her father's manor. Her sisters where still getting ready, but Swa had wanted to make sure she was waiting and present as early as possible - putting on her best face, to prove to her father it wasn't a mistake to let her come along. The soft, pale cream silk flowed around her, and while it was clean, fresh - it was styled in the fashion of a few seasons ago - a hand-me-down from her siblings that had been outgrown, and thus tossed her way. Old, and unwanted; but still clean and well preserved so she wouldn't disgrace the family at such a prestigious event. The clicking of hooves against stone had the desert rose turning, watching her father's approach, noting the velveteen cloak drawn over his shoulders, the stark white mask upon his face. Her father was handsome - it was no surprise though, now with the picture the family all made together. He paused, seeing her already waiting, and his gaze searched her over. 

"Father." She greeted quietly, bowing her head to him, her gaze casting to the floor, suddenly afraid he'd find something unfitting, and send her back to her room for the rest of the night, "Thank you for the opportunity to join you, and the rest of the family tonight. I promise to be on my best behavior, and serve House Ataear with my actions and presence." Her father sniffed slightly, nodding his head in a sharp jerk, As you should. Do not make me regret this decision, Swahili. Your brother assures me your behavior will be proper. Again his gaze sweeps over her, the sheer, pale cream shawl draping down her back, and the small cluster of rhinestones at her throat. The pale cream mask obscuring her face, the curls that bounced with her hair, and the pale ribbons she'd braided into those curls, You fit the part at the very least. We will be leaving when my wife and your siblings arrive. Swahili bowed her head once more, promising herself to be as proper as she could be tonight.

She didn't want to risk what ever he may choose to do to her if she didn't. She'd read books, all kinds of books about the unwanted children who get in the way of the parents. Of Cinderella and her step mother's tyranny, or of orphans placed in horrible homes under the watchful, cruel gaze of the matron. And while her father may never have struck her (in fact, he tended to forget she was there) who knew when he could turn into one of those individuals. She would do her best to behave at the very least. It was barely 15 minutes before she spotted her step-mother herding her sisters down the stairs, and soon they were on their way.

Arriving was fairly uneventful, her father leading the family to the new Sovereign to graciously greet her and thank the Dusk Queen for the chance to attend, and assuring her if she ever wished for a custom perfume blend, to look no further than her father's business. After that, the children where turned loose, though even Swahili noticed her father nod to a few discretely placed individuals who immediately took over watching over the wayward daughters for safety. To see one such individual tracking her with his eyes didn't lead her to a sense of safety though. He'd report any wrong doings surely! So the little rose meandered quietly away from the family, even as she watched her father go through the motions of making connections and selling his business. Her sisters found eligible bachelors to flirt with, and other females to gossip with.

Swahili, herself; however, moved to the edge of the ball, finding a selection of pillows laid out for resting individuals, and quietly lowered herself down, already determined to stay out of the way. She wasn't going to ruin this chance of freedom from those same boring halls, and same boring rooms in her wing of the manor. Even if it meant keeping to herself.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Open to Anyone
Notes: :D

Lineart © Vizseryn @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
[Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball - by Swahili - 05-17-2022, 10:44 AM