Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened carefully to her words, how they were spoken and which she chose to use. The sentences flowed together neatly and she was clearly well educated. The fire of her wit could be felt behind them, mischievous and burning. It only served to make Jarek more curious about what role this mare played within the society here that functioned behind closed doors. Clearly something of significance happened there. 

“Well, honestly there must be light to cast a shadow. If there was no light we would all be cast in darkness permanently. I simply want to understand what is not immediately visible to the outsider. What those in need desire, if they want help - I wish to provide it. Innocents born into suffering that have not yet had time to write their own lifelines. I want to give souls a choice about what they do with their lives. Maybe it will make it easier to make choices that don’t end in crime.” he said with a soft sigh. It was truly a complicated issue he needed to learn more about. 

“Well, I was born into a royal family that quickly fell asunder, It’s possible to have all the wealth in the world but be poorer for it. I have nothing left of my birth beyond my genetics and personal experiences. I wandered the desert for many years with nothing to my name before coming to Novus. I can see how that could be confusing.” Her next response did not surprise him, but it did shed some insight into the function of this place. “Connections for power alone are corrupting. I hope your father chooses someone at least who is acceptable to you. This practice concerns me greatly” he said softly, his tone laced with concern. 

He followed her into the side courtyard, already feeling more free of the constraining indoors location. The fresh cool air is a welcome sensation on his charcoal pelt. “I am interested in collecting the thoughts of many to ensure my opinions are not misplaced. It is foolish to believe any creature to have all the answers.” he said with a soft snort, his mind couldn’t help but loop back to the rule of his father and how that had gone so disastrously. 

He allowed himself to feel the beat of the music and moved freely in time. The connection of his hooves to stone was rhymically pleasing. It had been some time since he had felt the desire to move in such a way. He had spent so very long wandering and searching for something more. His soul was tired, the music wasn’t ideal but it still felt satisfying to connect in this way.  Perhaps this was a method to lower his guard, he didn’t mind. He wasn’t talking to her with the intention of deceiving her, he simply desired to form a connection. 

He held her gaze, feeling the intensity of the eye contact “I am no weak soul to be bent by others, but I am not so arrogant to believe that I am perfect. Taking into account as much information as possible allows for decision making that isn’t blind with ambition.”  He laughed, feeling the freedom in the depth of his stomach. She was a quality company. 

“Shadows are fine if one chooses to connect with them. Shadows that ride the soul and don’t allow reprieve occasionally within the light is torture. I simply wish to know what lurks in the shadows that isn’t common knowledge. I want to do better, to be better. I fight with my whole spirit for that is my nature.” He couldn’t help but throw his head slightly and move more dramatically at this comment. He was enjoying himself at this dance, and this wasn’t at all what he had expected. 

“What about your motivations then, we dance in a side court, we speak of arranged marriages. But I feel like your soul is more determined than that. That you would not let others dictate your life either.” he smirked and gave her a similar intense gaze that she had given him.

OOC:  I did not expect him to be having this much fun @Swahili

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball - by Jarek - 06-06-2022, 04:33 PM