Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

He felt like he had been dancing with wildfire. Her spirit was both flickering and scorching, his attempts to converse with her had simply fanned the flames of her soul. He had the best intentions at heart, but perhaps it was also that which revealed his lack of experience in this direct matter. He simply needed to be and to do better. It was the poking at her warm muzzle to his chest that sucked the wind from his lungs. He had been caught in words that hadn’t been received the way he intended. It was difficult to explain the warm desire within him to provide something better, to be something better? The spirited mare had certainly taken some of the wind from his sails.

“I do not pretend to know it all. I do not wish to force anyone, or place anyone into any neat box. All I simply wish is that no one soul feels that they cannot shape their own future. For each individual to be able to choose who they wish to be. To live the kind of life they want to. Provided it doesn’t cause the unnecessary suffering of others. So tell me then, do these souls need something more from solterra? Or are they generally satisfied with their lot in life? Can you say that for certain?”  His own voice was impassioned, but he was of course open to being corrected. 

“You do not need to trust me so readily, what exactly my intentions are - is not entirely clear yet to myself if I am being entirely honest Swahili. I must know more, to know if I am needed. If I can provide something more; I will. All I ask is that you keep your mind open, grant me at least the time to show what I feel and say is true. I wish to be your ally; we can work together.” his voice was genuine, he would not raise it even on being questioned directly. Why should she trust him after all? He was a stranger in a strange land. 

With this he moved once more, smoothly; letting some of the tension fall to the sides. It felt good to move, the music could be so much more appropriate. He wished he could feel the deep banging beat of the drums of his homelands. The welcome smoky aroma of bonfires burning late into the night. This is where souls came to know each other properly. It was almost appropriate that here he was bearing his soul's intentions. “I do not expect you to trust me, but I hope in time you will.”  The dancing movements were rhythmic and satisfying, It felt good to release some of the tension.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Swahili | speaks

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Event] The Invisible Belle of the Ball - by Jarek - 06-18-2022, 05:26 PM