Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - Halcyon Race - Leg One

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

i hold on so nervously to me and my drink 
i wish it was cooling me, but so far, has not been good
it's been shitty and i feel awkward, as i should

The saurian mare moved slowly towards the starting line, her gaze briefly scanning the crowd for the chocolate and ivory face, hopeful Gareth was near by to offer his encouragements. As she stood in line, at the line, she focused forward, nodding once to the Dusk Queen when she instructed no wings or magic. Easy enough. The mare was already holding her wings as tightly to her side as possible, to ensure that they wouldn't cause any resistance, as her tail hung low, Her front limbs pranced in place, nervous energy already coursing through her muscles. Her hind legs were digging into the ground though, eager to move, claws raking through the grass, to the dirt below. Twice around the field, following the path of the flags - easy enough.

As the start was called, the mare's eyes narrowed, flashing that predatory look, and with a push off of her powerful, hind quarters, she was pushed forward with the energy, the force of a predator on the hunt. The mare had switched into predatory mode for the greater speed, her limbs churning below her, carrying her across the ground at a pace that put the majority of her weight towards her backside, where those powerful claws and limbs could absorb the impact better, disperse it better through the soles of those limbs, as well as cling to any rocks that may pop up in her path better than a hoof may slide across.

Her species were built to hunt in dense jungles, in rocky terrain - and so while this clear land wasn't her normal avenue of exploration, it still provided enough of a clear footing to make her travel easy. But she was also heavier, larger, bulkier than some of the others racing today - would their lithe forms help them more?

this club has got to be the most pretentious thing
since i thought you and me
i am imagining, a dark lit place, or your place or my place

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Below Zero next
Notes: I'll post with Bel after I finish my current catch up list <3

well i'm not paralyzed, but i seem to be struck by you
i want to make you move, because you're standing still
if your body matches what your eyes can do
you'll probably move right through, me on my way to you.

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Official Dusk Account - 05-30-2022, 12:42 PM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Absynthe - 05-30-2022, 12:58 PM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Phoebe - 06-03-2022, 01:33 AM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Aeon - 06-03-2022, 01:54 AM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Pangaea - 06-03-2022, 11:06 AM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Below Zero - 06-06-2022, 05:17 PM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Absynthe - 06-06-2022, 06:11 PM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Phoebe - 06-07-2022, 08:34 AM
RE: Halcyon Race - Leg One - by Aeon - 06-07-2022, 01:41 PM