Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - River of Fire

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

With the radiant warmth of summer already threatening to start to slip from his grasp, it was time for something more dramatic. He needed to see Phoebe and he needed to do it in a meaningful fashion. He needed to spend more time with her, this living between different courts was more challenging than he had thought. That his soul still yearned for the connection to hers. He had sent her a letter, to meet him tonight within a secluded spot of the Elatus Canyon - drawn on the back was a detailed map to find it. It was one of the more simple places to find, but clouded in seclusion all the same. 

As the sun had started to set, he had found himself deep with the belly of the rising rocks. The blanket of stars stretching out overhead. He wondered looking up at the sky, so clear and beautiful; what prophetical mare would think of this place. Perhaps sometime he would bring her here and show her. But tonight would be about Phoebe. About their future. The universe had drawn them close enough, allowing them to reach out and touch - fusing them onwards. 

The sky above reminded him of the beauty of the warrior mare he had found himself enraptured with. She was coloured the hues of dusk, purples to oranges with markings of the sky.  His mind remembered the meeting at the oasis,and how comfortable it had been in her presence. How perfectly they seemed to mentally fit together like jigsaw pieces.  He smiled, enjoying the moment as he collected firewood for their bonfire. It would start to become chilly in the desert before long, there was something miraculous about the presence of fire. 

He had already pitched their large tent and began to form the firepit. He hoped she would come. He hoped she would see the beauty that he had found in this place. The way the terrain was shaped felt mystical and how closely connected to the earth he felt. He hoped that Solis would approve of his choices.  It reminded him of how he felt when he had visited the temple previously. Perhaps this was just a further sign that their partnership was blessed, it was to be. 

He would keep collecting firewood into a heavy pile while he waited with growing excitement for her arrival.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Phoebe Lets liquidy time this to shortly after they've met at the oasis? <3 Apologies about the delay | speaks

Messages In This Thread
River of Fire - by Jarek - 07-05-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: River of Fire - by Phoebe - 07-15-2022, 05:23 PM
RE: River of Fire - by Jarek - 07-19-2022, 01:04 PM