Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Heavy is the Crown [P]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

The mare who greeted him when he opened the door was the sovereign herself. This already bode well in his mind.  He was all too used to seeing sovereigns who would stand on the shoulders of others to reach glory.  To make others open doors, serve and kiss the behind was something that really didn’t settle well within his soul. Sovereigns existed to make the world of their kind better, to not have their kind serve for their own comfort. He had been ready to fight for his position, but to his surprise the old king had given the court to Jarek, provided he would simply promise to take care of it. That promise was part of the weight on his shoulders, and by the gods he would keep it. 

He smiled softly at her friendly greeting. “This beautiful landscape is so different compared to Solterra.” He felt awkward being congratulated for his victory, when it had been handed to him. He had not shed blood yet for Solterra. “Thank you.” he said, his voice gravelly and husky. He stepped within and followed her direction. 

He made himself comfortable where she had motioned. This movement made him feel vulnerable, but he had no doubt in his own abilities to defend himself. He had come here in peace, seeking peace. He couldn’t help but feel the nervous tension deep within his gut. 

“Thank you for your warm welcome, Uzuri; I appreciate it.” he said, letting the smile embrace his lips once more. “Hello Neema” he said softly towards the creature. He had never seen a wolf that looked like Neema before. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing to speak. 

“I have come to seek a truce, to end this tension between our courts that no longer is really relevant to our current situations. I hope that perhaps in time our courts can grow a friendship. We all have different talents, it is of more benefit to work together than against one another.” he spoke plainly and bluntly, there was no need to play intricate politics in this situation. He wanted to build a working relationship on honesty.  From what he had heard from Phoebe, Uzuri was a very reasonable and capable monarch.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Uzuri | speaks

Messages In This Thread
Heavy is the Crown [P] - by Jarek - 07-19-2022, 01:30 PM
RE: Heavy is the Crown [P] - by Uzuri - 07-19-2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Heavy is the Crown [P] - by Jarek - 07-19-2022, 02:20 PM
RE: Heavy is the Crown [P] - by Uzuri - 07-19-2022, 04:01 PM