Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Ramblers in the wilderness we can’t find what we need

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Voltaire

Voltaire knew it wouldn’t be long before they found him – for societies seldom took kindly to strangers on their doorstep unannounced – but he didn’t care what came next.  Ambivalence had become a constant in his life, and the demin hued unicorn could do little to avoid what punishment they might put upon him.  He didn’t wonder, even for a moment, whether he would be welcome or shunned in this place – he merely accepted that their reaction would be what it would be.  As he waits in the silence of the great hall, his tired eyes taken in the reds and golds of the sun, curiosity creeping through his bitterness even as he heard a distant sound of jingling gold.

It didn’t take long for the source of the sound to appear, and his eyes feasted on her form as she approached.  Unique.  It was the word that stuck with him as he scanned her form of stripes and gold, caught for a moment as he appreciated the depth of her uniqueness.  Black ringlets seemed to pour from her crown of wildflowers, sun glinted from the ring in her nose, and the bangles at her feet seemed to chime a sing-song rhythm with every step.  Involuntarily, he finds himself bowing his head to this creature, the crystal horn tracing her approaching form with the movement – and he lets his horn hover at the level of her heart for only a moment, before straightening once more.

Shrewd eyes find hers, and the blue stag chews thoughtfully on his lip for a moment.  She speaks of the sun, only validating his original thoughts about this place, and of a god he’d yet to meet.  More troublesome though, is her question about his motives.  Why had he come?  For escape.  For penance.  For a fresh start.  Instead of offering her these reasons, he lies.  ”I had a mind to simply wander through, but the mirage of this temple called me from the wilderness.  Tell me more of this place, of Solis.  I wish to know.”  And while he didn’t care, necessarily, where he ended up – Voltaire decided this place would be good as any for his new life.  

So he would stay, and his penance would begin.

ooc:  sorry for the delay, it’s been a hectic couple of weeks but I’ll try to get back into the swing of things :D

@Eden

Messages In This Thread
Ramblers in the wilderness we can’t find what we need - by Voltaire - 08-27-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: Ramblers in the wilderness we can’t find what we need - by Voltaire - 09-23-2017, 02:46 AM