Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - you can run if you want to

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cress

There's no walls & no ceilings as far as I know
just the echo of scars and the unbeaten road

The little blue jay eyed her new companion, tilting her head slightly as she did, the dark rimmed feathers on her head lifted curiously. Her candle-bright eyes quickly slipped over the cream and rust girl, the antlers sprouting from her poll and the waves of hair curling down her neck and smiled broadly at her as she agreed with her about the ocean and told her a little bit about herself.

Cress bobbed her head enthusiastically, the thick braid of her mane slapping her neck lightly. “That sounds very pretty, your home place!” She said, grinning, shifting her wings against her backside quickly, moving them into a more comfortable fold. She thought about her own upbringing, about the mountainous lands that her flock had spent the most time in between winter migrations. There had been high cliffs in parts, some that had reached over lakes, but not oceans. She liked the ocean, though, liked the smell of brine and the call of gulls.

The younger girl continued, telling her that the land was called Novus, and that they were likely in a section called ‘Dusk’. Cress considered that, glancing up at the bright morning sun and wondering how a place could be named for a certain time if that time was not always present. She decided, in that brief thought, that it was alright – she, after all, was named for a plant, and she certainly wasn’t one.

“It is pretty here, too. And thank you, that’s more than I knew before.” She said, still smiling. “I only just got here, too. Are you going to be living here? I think I might like it here, it feels nice.”

She paused a moment, gazing out over the horizon and then back at antlered girl. “Do you need permission to live here? You said it was a court…” She trailed off, uncertainly. She hadn’t been part of a true herd or flock or anything since she left home. She’d only ever really been a visitor, a stranger in strange lands. It might be nice to stay for a change. At least for a while.

[ @Maude - she's adorable! they're gonna get along great! <3 ]

IMAGE;HTML♥

Messages In This Thread
you can run if you want to - by Cress - 08-28-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-05-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-07-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-08-2017, 09:34 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-13-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-18-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-30-2017, 08:33 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 10-02-2017, 10:34 AM