Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - use my Head, alongside my Heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

Strangely, the mud has an accent, which Maude listens to with some interest, having noted that this was the second fellow she’d met here who was from some fancy place or another. Wondering if she, too, had an accent (most certainly, she did, as did anyone, really, but we’re digressing), the maiden also wonders as to where the stranger is from, that he talks so.

He accepts her offer to walk with her and she bobs her head as he rises up from the mud to stand on the higher ground which the ginger and cream youth has carefully picked out of the rest. It made terrible timing, of course, to find a more solid path in a wetland like this, but what was time to someone like Maude? She had no jobs or tasks to be at; in fact, there was no where for her to be in this new land of Novus but for where she wished to be at. That was perhaps the only thing about bouncing from one magical realm to another that the girl found at all appealing.

She watches the muddy water drizzle back into the main body from the stallion’s undersides, and watches, also, the shaking of the filth from his figure. Though he is careful to not splash her, some still reaches her way, regardless, but, thankfully, Maude isn’t the primmest of the proper’s. Already coated in mud from the toes to the gut, a few more flecks do little more than to slightly diminish her grin – it returns, however, when the stranger looks up, and continues to talk to her.

She had hoped, until now, at least, that Finnian would have been from Novus. That he wasn’t was somewhat disheartening, but the youth let it wear her down little; it couldn’t hurt to know one more person in a place you didn’t know many, right?

That he calls her pretty, well, Maude doesn’t notice. Let’s just say she’s a bit of a hopeless romantic, and quite a lot more on the hopeless side.

Well, I just got to Novus a little while ago, so I thought I should go exploring, and see more of where I am,” she answers of his inquiry with a smile; though hope had fled from her in the Rift, small slivers of it were returning to her in this land. With a silver lined tone she chatters on about her great adventure through this unknown world. “I found my teacher, miss Evangeline, in a great big field, to the south. Maybe I can find some more people I know, too. It’s possible, right? Especially if she and I are already here...

Realizing she was gabbing, the girl awkwardly smiles, her nose tucking closer to her body in sudden shyness as she quiets herself. Looking out over the murky mire and picking out what looks to be a more solid path, she starts off on it, and looks over at Finnian, as she does so.

Have you seen the big tower in the southeast, yet?” she asks with a cheerful smile, “it was amazing. I’ve never seen a building so tall! Do they have towers and those sort of things where you are from, Finnian?

so give me hope in the Darkness
that I will see the Light
Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Finnian

Messages In This Thread
use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Maude - 09-05-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Finnian - 09-05-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Maude - 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Finnian - 09-06-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Maude - 09-07-2017, 08:58 AM