Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - si vis pacem para bellum

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

Inkheart's arrival is to be expected and Only almost looks like he is waiting for her at the boundaries.  His eyes - gold and green as autumn leaves, shake like leaves - as she comes closer and closer.  As much as he anticipates her he fears her (he fears everybody right now) and with good reason.  He'll never tell her why there is a shiver that runs through his body or why he feels cold in the desert.  Maybe it isn't him, maybe it is Stephan that feels cold (he is bloodless, after all).  As Inkheart settles in the sand so close he can see the black barbs of every feather in her wings, he feels him tremble.  

Disgusting, something mutters inside him - not because of Inkheart but because of himself.  Only stands up straight as she speaks, her eyes trained on his baskets but his eyes are trained on her face.

"Hello."  One solitary word and he hopes it is enough to cement his position - here - where he stands in the stand.  She welcomes him and it is all that he needs but his eyes look past her (they are always looking away - around - inside of places and things) - Eik crests the dunes and makes his way down.  The wind carries information about both of these strangers and when the breeze ruffles the back of his neck he exchanges his own information in return. 

And then the million dollar question is asked, Only tries his best not to stammer.  The approach of Eik makes it harder to form the words as tries to remember the answer to her question.  He practiced this or at least he thought he had.  His mouth opens but no words come out - only dust, he's been sucking it in for miles. 

"I-I heard..."  What did he hear again?

"Well - "

Hello Traveller.  Eik makes his landing and greets him as gently as a morning sunrise and all it does is turn his tongue to sandpaper in his mouth.  Something torments him on the inside, his eyes twinkle as Stephan rains fire down onto his weak - weak mind.  What tragedy can he create here?  What problem can he make for Only to get him running again? How many holes can he smoke the wormy boy out of before he has no where to run and hide?

How long will it take for Only's resolve to weaken, wither-out, and eventually die?

"I-I don't mean any harm here - I've brought things that could help your people.  Seeds, medicines, herbs...I've collected them all in my baskets here.  I am from Delumine but I'm not going back, I don't know where I am going to be honest.  My name is Only."  

.only
si vis pacem para bellum

@Inkheart
@Eik

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called but few are chosen.

Messages In This Thread
si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 09-11-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Inkheart - 09-11-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Eik - 09-12-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 09-12-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Inkheart - 09-14-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Eik - 09-15-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 09-22-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Inkheart - 09-24-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Eik - 09-26-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: si vis pacem para bellum - by Only - 11-13-2017, 01:15 PM