Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - >> soul of sand <<

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inkheart

Inkheart
JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING OUT THE WAY
IF I CAN LIGHT THE WORLD UP FOR
JUST ONE DAY WATCH THIS MADNESS
COLORFUL CHARADE NO ONE CAN
BE JUST LIKE ME ANYWAY

Of course, no quiet moment goes without being interrupted. Perhaps it is because she is the Champion of Wisdom, perhaps it is because she lies so close to the court. Or, perhaps it is because horses are herd animals and are naturally drawn to each other. Soon, a silvery figure approaches me, her lighter mane, tail, and stripes glinting in the sunlight. The dark mare doesn't look at her at first, at Seraphina. She haven't seen much of the emissary since the Teryr battle and subsequent herd meeting. Her ears catch the greeting, and she's surprised at how... polite and respectful it is. Not kind, but Inkheart does not expect kind from the emissary.

She turns her crown upward, glancing at the mare, and sees that Seraphina's gaze is fixed on the setting sun, then turns back to speak. Inkheart stretches her legs and rises to stand, wings assisting her. Upon standing, she returns her gaze to the silver mare. She's silent at first, measuring the other, but speaks before the silence becomes too awkward. "Indeed, close to healed. I see you're doing well, too." And how is she settling in? It's harder to answer that one. She does not want to admit that she had not done much settling at all, and is rather lost on how best to start. She considers her words carefully. "I have had to focus on healing my leg, and have not been back long since the announcement of our positions." That much is true. "It sounds to me like you have some suggestions. Or perhaps a message from Maxence?" Her golden gaze narrows slightly. She does not hate Seraphina, but there's a certain level of distrust, started from the moment they met upon Inkheart's arrival. It has not improved since then. Perhaps they can work on that relationship in the future. "And you, how are you settling?" She tacks the question on at the end.

@Seraphina

Messages In This Thread
>> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-11-2017, 12:00 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 09-11-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-11-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 09-12-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-14-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 09-15-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 09-18-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Seraphina - 11-13-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: >> soul of sand << - by Inkheart - 11-19-2017, 07:18 PM