Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - kindling in my soul;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mila

you have poison in your heart
and fire to your touch

The crackle of white-hot lightning was not the only cause of the shivers trembling down her freckled, sunburst skin. Flaxen locks flittered madly against the chilled breeze, the metal moon and star pieces adorning her long hair tinkling in the wind. She stood on the edge of the soft shadows gathered around them, but in the far open enough where the chill of autumn began to seep into her bones like shards of icy glass. Mila shivered, visibly discomforted, but she did not dare voice such things. Instead, her ears pricked at the illusionist's words, her fellow Crow. Acton, who was a master of mischief like them all. His words spoken and unspoken were of no surprise to her; in fact, a wicked grin tugged one side of her red lips into a cruel, amused smile.

I've been bored.

"I often worry about what happens when you become bored, Acton," she started with a slow shake of her crown, "but then I remember that you are attracted to mischief, like us all." A bemused glint her eyes gleamed as she blinked at him with an all-knowing grin. Acton, her brother Crow, was chaos and discord bound and woven into beautiful, deadly gold-and-ink splotched skin on a muscled canvas. A magician, an illusionist, a master of the arts of smoke and mirrors and distractions. Her emerald-jeweled eyes met his of topaz. The threat of the storm swirling in the distance and above them had every nerve in her body on fire, her skin heated under his golden gaze. He looked nearly mad — at ease with the brutality of Calligo's bruised skies and the lightning crackling through the clouds.

Freckled nostrils flared as thunder rolled and drummed across the sky — loud and ringing through her ears as it clapped nearer to the castle. Her smile did not falter however, as her gaze blinked to take in the gathering storm. "Always doing what I do best," she answered, his unspoken question hanging between them. She peered at him from the corner of her eye, as she replied with a wink, "Tinkering, tailoring, and killing my enemies in my dreams." Cryptic and lethal and beautifully violent.

Her other half, her beloved twin, however, was a wraith of shadowed crimson and sharpness that melted out of the darkness gathering around them. Surprise did not touch Mila as Lavinia's presence joined them; like a magnet they were, always drawn together. Where one was, the other would surely follow. That was how they were, had always been, ever since their youth when they learned that they could only count on each other. Until the night their King Crow had arrived, saving them, and plucking them out of their tragic existence before offering them an oasis.. a family.

Her poisonous little heart warmed at such thoughts as she took the sight of her sister and her brother figure. "Lavi," she breathed, affectionate as her shoulder bumped her twin's, "dare I ask what you've been up to?"

@Acton @Lavinia our crow babies <3
"Mila speech."

space

Messages In This Thread
kindling in my soul; - by Acton - 10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
RE: kindling in my soul; - by Mila - 10-08-2017, 02:20 AM
RE: kindling in my soul; - by Acton - 10-09-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: kindling in my soul; - by Lavinia - 10-15-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: kindling in my soul; - by Mila - 10-19-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: kindling in my soul; - by Raglan - 10-19-2017, 08:46 PM
RE: kindling in my soul; - by Acton - 10-23-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: kindling in my soul; - by Lavinia - 11-07-2017, 08:06 PM