Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - get lost in the flowers

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

Nimue’s curtness had no effect on him—whether she smiled or snapped he seemed absolutely oblivious, happy to simply have her company with him. His joy and energy was more than enough for the two of them combined, making it all the same to him.

“Oh, that’s a shame,” he said absently, pausing to observe an exceptionally beautiful blossom. Its dark violet petals faded to white in the center, thin red veins streaking through its middle. He inhaled deeply. “There are so many different types, I’m sure there’s one you’d like…” His voice drifted off as he moved on to the next flower, lists on names and species already flying through his mind. Nimue certainly did not seem like a daisy or (list flowers here) type—expound on flower species ere.

But… maybe a lily?

Ipomoea was delighted at the thought, making a mental note to do some more research when he returned to Delumine. There was not an ounce of doubt in his mind that Nimue did indeed like flowers (for who couldn’t?) He just had to find the right sort to share with her.

Such thoughts, however, were cut short by the sudden appearance of the Night kind.

He was exactly the way Po remembered him: strong, dark, and handsome. If it weren’t for his many gypsy coins tapping and chiming against his sides, Po might not have even noticed his presence before he spoke (those thick, dulcet tones and the rolling of ’Denocte’ off his tongue sending shivers down Po’s spine). As it was, he had just enough time to turn and face the bay stallion, a smile shining upon his face in greeting.

“Thank you,” he took a moment to dip his head low in respect, extending one foreleg before him and pausing for a heartbeat. Then he lifted his head, wading his way through the sea of flowers to join Nimue. “These flowers are beautiful—their perfume is so strong for such small plants.” He hoped it would cling to his skin, following him back to the Dawn Court when he left. “Do any of your artisans sell a perfume made from them?” There was hope in his voice, for it had an effect similar to that of lavender, washing his senses and calming his soul. Surely Po would leave the Night Court with emptied pockets if there came the opportunity to buy a few bottles. He gave himself a shake, resisting the temptation to lower himself back to the flowers, to roll in their aroma. To do so would undoubtedly be seen as unprofessional.

“King Kasil sends his regards from the Dawn Court,” he added, squaring his shoulders in an attempt to look more self-assured, the way Reich always seemed to look. “He had business in the capitol preventing him from accompanying us today. He sends Nimue and I in his stead.”

@Nimue @reichenbach @any night courtians!
ohhh nim you've done it now, po's gonna be knocking on your door and leaving flowers for you every where you go now lmao
!!!.

unaware of where i'm going
or if i'm going anywhere at all
but i know i'll take the leap if it is worth the fall

coding by sid
art by eldafer

Messages In This Thread
get lost in the flowers - by Ipomoea - 10-08-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: get lost in the flowers - by Nimue - 10-08-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: get lost in the flowers - by Reichenbach - 10-09-2017, 07:34 AM
RE: get lost in the flowers - by Ipomoea - 10-16-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: get lost in the flowers - by Nimue - 10-21-2017, 01:21 AM