Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - oh, I want to learn such simple things;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

W
hile Terrastella is not as grand as Sunsyia, the city of his birth and the cradle of grandeur he had been blessed to lay in, he can appreciate the normality it brought. Too long has he gone without four walls to call home, the structure of Courts and it's daring games of Intrigue. It had taken every ounce of his self control not to flop upon his silks the first night he had settled, and roll until his legs were entwined and his hair artfully disheveled beyond repair.

It is achingly familiar, but not so heart wrenching as another place he has long come to view as home too.

He'd been awake since the morning rays had finished their warming of the chilled earth, the beams of sunlight reflected off of his gilded scales pleasantly, and shimmered brilliantly in the many facets of the gemstones he wore. Warming the winged kirin and bathing him in a halo of glinting light, a picture for the ages. The rich smell of perfume and tea coiled out of the cozy room he had selected for himself, a book having drawn him into it's pages hours ago. A tale of pitfalls and victories, one lone hero betrayed, who rose again as the very thing he had swore to never become.  

Isorath almost missed the sound of hooves clattering against stone, and his eyes settled on the doorframe with a curious flick before Asterion's frame appeared. "Yes?" Lilac's peered inquistively beneath the canopy of thick white lashes. The bay is handsome, in the light of mid-morning he can see the shimmer of twilight upon his hide, as if Vespera had a hand in the very spinning of his coat. The star upon his forehead gave him pause, a mere moment of a second look before he settled back on the brown eyes that peered on him.

For one fleeting second, he thought he saw another in his stead, one with haunting silver eyes and the smell of jasmine and wood smoke in his hair.

Jewelled eyes followed the tip of Asterion's chin, down to the scattered books and scrolls, the pot of ink with the pheonix feather quill.

Florentine said I might ask you…how is it you learned to read?

There's no denying the small amount of surprise that reached him when he learned the bay had been sent by Florentine. The implication's of the question are clear, but he took them in his stride, no one asked something quite like that without the desire to also acquire the knowledge. "I was taught by another." Isorath replied silkily, wispy and smooth as the tea smoke beside him. "You can come in you know, I don't bite." He added after a moment, a taloned finger on his wing pointed leisurely to the pillows which lined the desk, his teasing smirk displaying just a hint of the sharp canines that resided within his pale maw.

"Would you like to learn?"

@Asterion

Messages In This Thread
oh, I want to learn such simple things; - by Asterion - 11-07-2017, 10:36 PM
RE: oh, I want to learn such simple things; - by Isorath - 11-08-2017, 07:21 AM
RE: oh, I want to learn such simple things; - by Asterion - 11-09-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: oh, I want to learn such simple things; - by Isorath - 11-09-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: oh, I want to learn such simple things; - by Asterion - 11-17-2017, 02:52 PM