Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- look how they shine for you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

The fire-haired girl responded in a stumbling whisper that was scarcely audible above the crash of the waves and the gentle brush of night breeze; she’d stepped back from the edge almost self-consciously, great green eyes flittering across Seraphina in a panic that felt as stuttering as her voice. It seemed that the little mare was asking her how she was, from what she could make out of her soft voice. Seraphina wasn’t consciously concerned for the girl, but she had the distinct impression that, considering her proximity to the cliff’s edge, she should be the one asking her that. (How would she even go about it, though? “Were you thinking about jumping?” They were perfect strangers. Did she even care?) She fixed her with a stare that, while distinctly nonthreatening, was every bit as chilly as ever. “…I am fine,” was Seraphina’s quiet response, tones measured. “Are you?”

The mare had her mouth opened to say something else, but, before she could, a bulky stallion came bumbling into their field of view; he was shorter than Seraphina, but larger and more muscular, and laced with scars that gave her the distinct impression that he was a warrior, and, therefore, a threat. He was a mesh of copper tones, darkening down the legs, flecked with speckles of white; a leonine tail lashed behind him, and a pair of rather nasty looking horns on his skull, with a smaller spike near its center – they looked as though they could do some damage. His eyes caught her attention, though her own mismatched set barely lingered on his silver gaze, so distracted was she by the potential threat that he embodied. He greeted them rather loudly; she might have interpreted his gaze as slightly flirtatious, were she better at examining social signals. As it were, she offered a glance to the other mare, who seemed to be shrinking away. Seraphina edged to position herself just in front of the other mare, effectively putting herself into the position to shield her should things go south. It wasn’t exactly concern that motivated her – it was clear that only one of them was a warrior.

“I’m fine,” She replied coolly; the other mare offered the same answer, then ventured to ask if they happened to be denizens of the Dawn Court. Seraphina offered a quick shake of her charcoal head, gaze returning to the other mare. “I am not – my travels have simply brought me here,” She said, eyes occasionally flitting to keep a stubborn, professional eye on the stallion. “I am Seraphina, warrior of the Day Court. Who are you?” It seemed the little mare was of the Dawn Court, and, for all she knew, the stallion could be as well – she glanced back at him to punctuate her statement, implying that her question was directed at the both of them.

@Inara @Rostislav - sorry this took so long; I've been really busy x.x

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
look how they shine for you - by Inara - 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Seraphina - 06-10-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Rostislav - 06-15-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Inara - 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Seraphina - 07-05-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Rostislav - 07-09-2017, 08:14 PM