Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- look how they shine for you

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

Still, still I searched for the mysterious relic. What is a relic anyway? Some might say it is any old object from a previous time that has historic or sentimental interest. Some day it is the remains of some dead guy. So am I looking for like... a scaly egg? Or some dead guy's femur? A small, SO SMALL, grin spreads across my maw at the thought of finding a femur or tibia and carrying it back like a dog with his most prized possession. If only Damaris were here to see it... A sigh passes my lips, erasing the grin from my chapped lips. Damaris... where are you? Would I ever see my beloved companion again?

My head droops visibly at the thought and I meander south, searching for the southernmost part of the land to work my way back up and around. Eventually I figure I will reach some sort of geographical barrier that marked the edges of the realm. My tail tucked between my legs, I walk in silence, ignoring the chittering of small creatures around me. It's better if we ignore each other rather than fighting over who gets which acorn. I grunted in response to the breeze that picked up around me, lifting my mane and forelock and bringing a little more life to my recalcitrant muscles.

Not paying attention is going to get me in trouble - big trouble. For a clatter makes me glance at my hooves in surprise as rocks escape from beneath me off the cliff directly in front. Oh mother of.. SHIT. I jump back from the edge, tossing my head in the air as if the edge had leapt up at me in attack. I snap my teeth in irritation and turn to walk a safe distant along the edge. No use throwing myself off - not when there's hope that Damaris may be alive.

I'd love to say that I'm paying tons of attention, eyes searching continuously for this dead guy's leg.. but I'm not. At least, not very hard. But soon a voice gets my attention, and I walk in the direction of the noise, curious as to whom else might be up here on this ledge. Two others -- a roan painted thing and a silvery dame -- stood ahead of me. I've come too late to see anything interesting or hear any of their exchange. It's a chance to get in on the action, and I hope that I haven't come too late. "Ladies." The tiniest dip of my brow, moving on instinct rather than genuine respect. My brain isn't working well enough to do that. "How are you this evening?" For evening it was, though I had barely noticed as I ambled around. So much traveling, so much wandering and wondering with lost thoughts that tangle my mind and my heart. Please distract me gals!

"."

Messages In This Thread
look how they shine for you - by Inara - 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Seraphina - 06-10-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Rostislav - 06-15-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Inara - 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Seraphina - 07-05-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: look how they shine for you - by Rostislav - 07-09-2017, 08:14 PM