Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - tightropes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

REICHENBACH
LIKE ICARUS LOVED THE SUN

He should have known from the rigid silence that emanated from his bedchamber, the wrath limning his sisters crimson body. Despite the gravity of the situation, Reichenbach was completely lost within thoughts of auburn haired babes, of all the gifts he would sprinkle it with, all the skills he would teach it. The babe would never know loneliness as he had, she or he would be surrounded by the most protective, loving family Novus could offer. His smile bloomed, his imagination taking Raum and Rhoswen and creating the most perfect, wonderful child he could think of — hopefully they inherited Raum's agility and grace... and curse him, he wanted that babe to have his sisters red-hot temper.

A thought he might soon come to regret.

Absently, Reichenbach was aware of his sister wandering to the window, though his eyes and mind were elsewhere — so it came as a complete and utter surprise when his sisters temper broke the silence.

"Do you think now that you are King you possess the jurisdiction to order me back here? I am not just another of your lowly subordinates."

Argent eyes snapped up to fix on her own storm-grey gaze in surprise, tension setting Rhoswen to living flame. Hurt flickered through The Night King's chest, darkening his eyes as he frowned back at the fierce glare directed at him. 

As a child, he'd often taunted and teased his easily-enraged sister simply to see her fury. An annoying older brother, always grinning and laughing, poking at her until she snapped — only to have him laugh more. But he'd always protected her — always tore into anyone else that tried to taunt her temper forth, had always defended her against the words like traitor and betrayal. He might not have liked her choice (and never would fully understand it) but if there was one thing he could understand, it was freedom. 

If Rhoswen felt free in Solterra, he was resigned to having a sun-soaked desert girl for a sister. 

"All this time and nothing has changed, has it Reich? Solterra is my home."

The child, though... she, he, they were full blooded Denoctian. As far as he knew, as soon as Rhoswen stepped foot back in her stars-forsaken desert they would name her a consort of Raum and put his crimes upon her head.

"Is it?"

He challenged, raising a brow in question.

"Your family is here Rhos, Raum lives here — do you really want to split the babe from it's family? They... You both will be safer here."

He withheld the words he truly wanted to say — that Solterra was brutal and harsh and unforgiving, that it might have worked for her but think of the child. He would be loathe to see his niece or nephew withering underneath a too-hot sun, staring up at the stars, suffering the taunts of sand snakes for their heritage. A sigh whispered between his black lips as he took a step closer to the window and his fuming sister, asking;

"Please Rhos, I want to watch over my niece or nephew and know they are safe."

@Rhoswen lolll Reich do u rly think that will help? also can't wait to write with sabby!! 

Messages In This Thread
tightropes - by Rhoswen - 01-29-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 01-30-2018, 10:24 PM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 02-25-2018, 10:12 AM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 02-27-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 03-08-2018, 01:04 PM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 03-20-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 04-02-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 04-11-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 04-30-2018, 07:19 AM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 04-30-2018, 08:25 AM