Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - tightropes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhoswen

[Image: rhosheader.jpg]

Rhoswen 
Her anger was a volatile beast: taloned and fierce, but fickle by its very nature. It lashed like a caged animal between her ribs, thundering violently as she watched Reich's eyes pool with a hurt that cooled her magma, minute by minute. The desert girl knew he had not intended to offend her so, but that did not detract from the indignation that sat firmly still in her throat. When everyone had scorned her with a laugh or a snarl in the face of her defection, her brother had never openly declared his disapproval in such a vehement manner, but that did not lead Rhoswen to believe he accepted her allegiance through and through. The guilt she harboured over her betrayal of Solterra, in the name of keeping Raum's secret, hung over her head even as they spoke, fanning the embers of her displeasure with shame. And as Reich challenged her, Rhoswen burned. 

"The choice is mine, I will not have it taken from me." A hiss that dared him to defy her. In truth, she could comprehend his position: he did not understand Day Court in all it's arid glory, and it was easy for her to detect the fear lacing his words. But if Raum left Solterra without ruckus or commotion, there could be no harm in remaining in the court she had chosen. Bar Reich, her family were dead or elsewhere, there was nothing to call her back here, not even Raum. She did not think this to be naive, nor selfish, simply the right she had earned. Of course she had known there would be some resistance on Reich's part, as well as Raum's, but more than anything Rhoswen was a headstrong girl - many winters and summers she had spent dwelling within the very midst of Calligo's Crows, she had not thrived among them for no reason.

Quieter now, she moved away from the window and toward her taller, broader brother. It seemed like yesterday they had been stood out in the courtyard below with not a care nor whim in the world; Gods look at them now. Dark smoke met glittering silver, and Rhos shook her head in a milder rendition of her pre-existing anger. "I understand your intentions, brother, but this is my life, and my child to bear. The decision won't be something that I will take lightly." A flicker of gold light washed over them as the shadows burned darker against Solis' sun looming against the tall windows. "We will be safe if there is peace between Solterra and Denocte, and that is on you. When is Raum due home? He tells me very little, of course."

@reichenbach late and ick, but something !!! love u 

Messages In This Thread
tightropes - by Rhoswen - 01-29-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 01-30-2018, 10:24 PM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 02-25-2018, 10:12 AM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 02-27-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 03-08-2018, 01:04 PM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 03-20-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 04-02-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 04-11-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: tightropes - by Rhoswen - 04-30-2018, 07:19 AM
RE: tightropes - by Reichenbach - 04-30-2018, 08:25 AM