Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - That'll burn just long enough for you to see it {Relic Contest}

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Weir

home is behind the world ahead
 there are many paths to tread

Another long day has passed with no luck on finding the relic. She looked to the evenings stars wondering if there was some sort of answer from the gods. When she first arrived her she felt as if there must be a reason for her to be here. It happened at the right moment, the perfect adrenaline filled moment where at one second her captor, the man who scared her so much not to run is in a fight. Some alcohol filled fight with some stranger she never met. Her heart racing behind her pale skin, she didn’t know what to do at first but then she ran for the door. She had been trying to entertain some other gentleman in the bar when she jumped from his lap and ran. Everything was happening in slow motion. The instant she opened the door she saw it was snowing. The world was black and white and she could see nothing past the light from the door, she didn’t know where she was but she kept going. Her steps leaving perfect prints in the snow. She had no shoes on and she can feel the cold in between her toes. She ran down the road through the mud of wheel tracks and hoofprints. She fell once, her knees falling in the dirt. She looked at her hands for a moment before she turned to consider the dark where she had run from the man who had turned out to be the worst decision of her life. She pushed herself up in her pink dress and kept running until her soft feet slapping in the dirt turned into hooves pounding the dirt.

In one moment, she was here and the snow had stopped. It was like she could almost see it again as she stared at the evenings sky next to this lake. This lake where she decided she would stay for the night. She may never get another chance to see this lake after the sovereigns are decided for the lands and the borders close. This is such a beautiful place. She looked over the waters of the lake with pink eyes that glowed in the evening sunlight. Bugs littered the top of the water as far as she could see. The clouds from the rain earlier are gone now and leaving the most beautiful auburn and purple sunset over the land. Her last search of the evening would be the lake shore while the sun remained and then she would sleep with the stars as her blanket and the lake her view. 

All are welcome

coding: © x

Noxia

Noxia
And it only hurts when I'm breathing
My heart only breaks when it's beating
The shadows, aye the shadows. They had been a bit too eery. With how the torchlights had cast the shadows upon the stone in the court she was not prepared to stay there for too long. It had spiked her anxiety a bit too high, sent her reeling. She had to leave. She definitely had to leave. So she did. She took off toward the lake. She didn't move fast, nor did she move too slow. Instead, she moved at an easy pace - trying to get her mind off of the haunting shapes of the torchlights and their shadows.

Dimwit. Yep. You're a dimwit. But it's cool. Something was totally going to end up coming out of the shadows. I swear. You are only good to amuse me and give me reasons to facepalm, Nox. That's it.

When she finally stepped foot near the lakes it was sunset again. The stars were beginning to show against the vibrant auburn and velvet smears. Then, when she looked at the lake she immediately saw how perfectly it was mirrored. The gorgeous colours now looked endless when one looked at the water. Oh, it was amazing. But, she wasn't alone. Her mind spluttered for a moment - looking at the dark hues of the sky and the lake she finally registered the light colouring of the equine before her. She bumbled, forcing her limbs to resituate before finally having her mind kick back into gear.

Another equine. Not a scary monster. Regular equine. It'll be okay. She took a deep breath. Once in. Once out. Then, she carefully inched her way forward and cleared her throat a little. "Oh. Uhm. Hi. I didn't mean to intrude. I thought I'd be alone out here, especially at this hour..." she said, voice trailing off a little bit as she tried to keep herself calm.

@Weir -- hope you don't mind me joining ^-^
Image Credit

Weir

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

The moment is serene and she loses herself in the bugs and the chirps of the mosquitos. Her braid laden tail flicks to tease flies away when they happen to land. Her breathing is slow as she tries to make her mind blank and separate herself from the past. The sun is warm on her skin as she hears the stranger move through the bushes. Weir slowly turns her head laden head to watch as the silver stranger steps into view and at first does not seem to notice weir. She is simpler in appearance than many Weir has become acquainted with here though in simplicity there is beauty and weir knows a beautiful thing when she sees one. Her pink albino eyes scan the stranger up and down and the strangers becomes aware of weir’s presence. Her muscles rippling into a taunt and rigid position around her bones. Her eyes watching weir in a state of pure alert attention. Weir doesn’t move so as not to try and frighten the her.

Instead weir slowly turns to halfway face the girl and lifts her head with a calm and warm smile. Her eyes smile along with her lips and her tail flicks lazily. Weir knows that her large horns alone are protection against most predators or others who wish her ill will. Weir is not a fighter though, she has too much love in her heart for that. She has not always been treated well for her want of love and freedom to choose love. Regardless though she shows no fear nor gives an impression of hostility. Please don’t be sorry.Weir laughs lightly.This is a place right now that is open to everyone. There is more than enough room for everyone. It is so beautiful tonight, wouldn’t you agree? Weir doesn’t want to talk to much as to ruin the tranquility of the evening. I am weir. Weir ends her talking with her name and then turns again to the waters to watch the ripples and allow the stranger to decide to flee or to remain in her company. The corner of her eye watching to see how the stranger will respond.

@Noxia
Sorry for the lame reply. Been super busy lately.

coding: © x

Noxia

Noxia
And it only hurts when I'm breathing
My heart only breaks when it's beating
The night was calming, and the colours put Noxia at ease. The soft chirps of the mosquitos were like a song to her ears and the way the sun still lingered on the horizon was like out of a movie. In fact, it was so beautiful that Nox hadn't noticed the pale mare before her. Well, she hadn't noticed the mare until she realized the light colouring was not some sort of reflection on the water but an actual creature. The horns stop her in place for a moment, and when she finally gets some words out it is only the smile on the mare's face that keeps Noxia from running. Lazy flicks of the tail and laughter on the other mare's voice also help to put Nox at ease a little bit.

Don't apologize, the mare had said - a laugh on her lips - before saying that it was open to everyone with plenty of room. But the beauty. Yes, that was something Nox could definitely agree to. "Most certainly gorgeous," she responds quietly, offering a small curl of her lips into the form of what might be seen as a half-smirk-half-smile. Weir. She repeats the name over in her head a few times - trying hard not to forget it so as to have some reason to be shunned away while she tries to settle her nerves.  "Noxia, I'm Noxia." she says the anxiety levels beginning to show themselves again through her speech as she keeps her head low and exhales a little. "Are you... are you looking for the relic as well?" she inquires - not stepping in any closer but allowing her muscles to begin to relax a little as she stood in the same spot a few feet away.

@Weir -- It's all good ^-^
Image Credit