Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - our endless numbered days;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhea

R H E A
The stranger moves closer, a move that causes the kirin to move herself away -- if only subconsciously. She is not familiar with anyone outside of the Ilati themselves, and she is not close to them either if she can help it. She stands alone, if only out of habit. She continues to steal glances at him, curious about him in a way that she can not explain. He’s like a strange flower that she has never seen, curious about how it could be beneficial -- but wary that it might be dangerous. The mare flicks an ear in his direction, his voice mixing in harmony with the melodious calls of the swamp’s wildlife.

She wonders of the places that he could tell her of, sights that she could never dream of. A strange longing begins to blossom inside of her, as though the idea of leaving the swamp and it’s murky depths had never occurred to her at all. Suddenly her head is filled with the exotic dreamings of child, quickly swallowed with the fears of what could go wrong.

She lets her attention refocus, shuffling away from the painful dreams that she does not know will come to fruition. She would rather hear what he has to say, rather than to dwell on such sad possibilities. ”It’s certainly possible. It will probably be a great place for children to tell their ghost stories” She agreed, offering him a small smile. She could imagine that future, much more easily than the one where she ran away to see the world. She notices the wistful sadness in him, a subtle change but a change nonetheless. Her own expression reveals a little concern, despite the fact that they are strangers. ”Oh?” She questions softly, tilting her head. She wishes to pry, but then she realized that they have not even exchanged their names.

”Well,” She, begins timidly. ”I don’t suppose I’d be satisfied either, not when I know there’s countless things to see. Maybe more than even a lifetime could afford you. Maybe more than even immortality could...” She offered another smile, musing aloud before the conversation turned back to her and her suddenly very small world.. ”I have. I have lived here all of my days.” She reminisced quietly, the sadness of such a thought coloring her tone. She’d never considered it before, the swamp suddenly seeming like much more of a cage. ”Perhaps someday, though.” She offered, trying to sound more cheerful. ”I think I’d like to see more of the world beyond these borders.” She admitted with a small shrug.

”I don’t think...I caught your name?” She said then, with a lilting pause. ”I am Rhea, one of the...” The word Ilati caught in her throat -- the girl painted in tribal markings hesitating. The Ilati were changing, growing restless...but she still was not sure if mentioning such a thing so casually was the best ideas. ”Tinea.” She finished quite lamely, putting on her best smile to cover her little white lie.

Talk

Messages In This Thread
our endless numbered days; - by Asterion - 02-16-2018, 02:46 PM
RE: our endless numbered days; - by Rhea - 05-04-2018, 08:36 AM
RE: our endless numbered days; - by Asterion - 05-08-2018, 11:49 AM
RE: our endless numbered days; - by Rhea - 05-11-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: our endless numbered days; - by Asterion - 05-15-2018, 11:10 AM
RE: our endless numbered days; - by Rhea - 05-30-2018, 03:09 PM
RE: our endless numbered days; - by Asterion - 06-08-2018, 01:48 PM