Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - i fall apart.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

MY QUEENS IS A QUEEN
NOT TALKING BRIGHT LIGHTS AND SHINY THINGS
BUT WE ALWAYS MADE IT WORK
BUILDING CASTLES OUT OF DIRT

WARNING: fowl language.

The night sky weeps in shadows and smoke for their stormsinger.

How brave.

She did not know how long she had been collapsed in the snow blanketing the Steppe. The shadows of unconsciousness have wrapped around her in rose vines, pricking her insides with their thorns. Calligo's dark fingers prod her in shadows, dragging her storm daughter from the grips of unknowing. And eventually, through the last of winter winds that whip around her, Aislinn manages to stand. A struggle.. but enough.

What is it you seek my love? A sense of purpose?

Through the starless darkness, she stumbles on weak legs. She seethes into the shadows, her anger a palpable beast despite the blood that stains the snow below her in dark crimson. Calligo's smoke cradles her ruined wing, her bruised body, as she meanders through the outlier of her home. Her Denocte. If only.. if only she could fly.. she would have been at home. But no.. that fucking bastard had ripped clean the bones under her skin. Her wing was the carnage of splintered bones and bloody feathers, all torn skin and dirt and snow stained red upon the mesh of what had once been one of her great appendages. Now, the plumes were shorn of their beauty where his teeth had marred her.

Solis' Warden had grounded the stormsinger and tied her to the damn earth; and she loathed him for it. Go fuck yourself, you sand sucking son of a bitch.

Now, the City of Starlight sprawls around her, pulsing in firelight and the cool kiss of new spring and revelry. From shadow to shadow she melts, a limping wraith who's blood dribbles behind her in a trail. The bright red of her lifeblood is stark against the sconces and pyres that burn, and what little snow has drifted along the walls. Her beloved crown city is bleak on this night — or is it early morning? She doesn't know. The stormsinger can only feel the waves of her hurricane fall flat with each drop that falls from her torn feathers. Her storm is gone; quieted, hushed, silenced. Only Calligo is with her now.

Her heart jumps as Castle Night rises above her at last. The muscles in her limbs ache, heavy and dragging down, down, down to the core of their earth. She sways, dangerously unsteady, as she barely crosses the threshold of the keep, before her legs give out from under her.

So what does the birdfetching bitch have to say?

"Some..someone," she croaks into the dark, sinking into the cold cold stones. "Please."

The darkness threatens to pull her under once more.

MY HOME IS A THRONE
NOT VERY PRETTY, BUT TOUGH AS STONE
AND WE ALWAYS MADE IT WORK
NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT DID HURT
@rostislav @seree <3
Also open to anyone who wishes to gain exp by splinting her broken wing!
Takes place directly after i may fall.
"Aislinn speech."

Reichenbach

But gypsies wander never stay, always must move on.

And so his tribe did go away, my Gypsy's also gone.

He was rushing through the darkness even as she fell, a veritable force swarming with a million chaotic emotions but a singular purpose: to save her. The smell of rain embraced him fully as he reached her side, silver eyes darting to the mess of bone, flesh and feather where her wing had been before returning to her anguished and unsteady gaze. This was really beyond his knowledge of healing —

"SEREE! SOMEONE FIND SEREE!"

He roared, dropping to his knees and attempting to get his vast shoulder underneath Aislinn's lithe frame. Blood matted her soft skin, and too many feathers stuck out at a rank angle — but she was breathing, albeit faintly. Anger threatened to take any sense away as his keen eyes picked apart his Champion, seeking and searching for any evidence at who had broken her in such a horrific, senseless way. 

He knew.

He knew what losing her wings would do to his stormsinger, the gypsy girl that he'd made eye contact with that fated night. She may have been better than him, more noble, her passions fuelled into the right pursuits — but they shared that same bond, the longing to be alone under an open sky, wandering, discovering... experiencing. She was gypsy through and through, and she would see the loss of her wing as a crushing loss of freedom. It would be devastating. 

That was why he was not going to lose that wing — they would find a way, be it magic or skilled healers. 

Caligo damn me Seree better know what he's doing, The Night King thought, beginning to lift Aislinn from the cold stone floors.

@Aislinn <3 Reich's gonna KILL Tor!

Rostislav

I heard her first, though her voice was faint with pain and exhaustion. His voice came second, roaring with fury and panic. I hurry as quickly as I can, striped hooves clattering on the courtyard as I rush in a bounding canter toward them. Panic unsettles my stomach, making me feel like vomiting (if I could). Before I even see the ragged mess of a body, I'm calling for help. 'Damaris! Find Seree, the healer. Find her now!'

I skid to a halt next to Reichenbach, sending small stones skittering around us. The sight of my friend's bruised body and battered, bloody wing sends tremors through my body. I'm reminded of an old friend from Helovia. Africa, the one-winged mare. She was no fighter, but had viciously had her wing torn from her body. I take in my breath with a sharp hiss. 'Damaris NOW!'

A howl pierces the night in response as she too feels my panic and increasing rage. I know she's doing the best she can, and I hope that she can get Seree quickly enough to help. I don't say anything to my king, instead dipping my nose down to Aislinn's. I nudge her tenderly, trying to keep my breathing steady. With my small bit of telekinesis I remove my flask and hold the opening to her lips. "Aislinn, drink this. It will help dull the pain." As much as everyone may doubt my love of booze, I know that there are sometimes very good uses for it. I glance at Reich. "Do we have anything to help soak up the blood? It needs to clot." Much clotting has happened already it seems, and I wonder how old the wounds are. But any movement might rip it further, causing more bleeding. I may not be a healer, but I'm not dumb.

Tag: @Aislinn @Reichenbach @Seree
Feel free to have Damaris come find Seree! :)

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Seree

They had been focused on the mortar and pestle before the, grinding the bark before their eyes as they focused on their work. A mother from an unknown land had come by not too long ago, her foal edging on colic. Seree had been able to give the foal something to help loosen the bowls and let the gas out before it became too much of a problem, but the little tyke had not had much fondness for the medicine, and Seree was grinding up some cinnamon to try and flavor it a bit better for the foal's liking.

As such, they had no inkling that anything was wrong until pounding pawsteps came to their attention, and they distantly smelled blood hanging around the approaching hound. They all but dropped their work onto the table before them, already scrambling around the small quarters they had taken in the castle to gather supplies as Damaris rushed in. They had no idea how bad the situation was, but the smell of blood said all it needed to.

Sadly, they couldn't grab everything at once, but the antlered mare could grab item by item and wrap it about themself. They rifled through the bandages, finding a wound length of braided grasses and tree bark that made itself into rope. They hurriedly latched onto the end with telekinesis, winding it about the torso several times over to keep it in place. Seree barely avoided smashing a pot containing ground herbs as they bumped into it in their haste, only telekinesis grabbing the small jar quickly enough to stabilize it and set it down gently on the floor.

They could put it back up later.

They searched the shelves frantically, finding a large bowl that had several smaller bowls of decreasing size stacked inside. They hurriedly reared up to grab the bowl between their hooves, tilting it and carefully, but quickly, easing the other bowls out to let them rest on the shelf before grabbing the edge of the bowl in their mouth and hurrying to set it on the desk.

Emerald hooves spun back to get another look at the shelves, before the pleasant mare ground out a low curse.

"Fuck."

They were missing some things they wished they could have on hoof, but they couldn't change what they did and didn't have. Instead, the mare grabbed a vial of nutmeg oil and tossed it (gently) into the bowl and a small jar of goldenseal root tincture. They shuffled around for more items, adding them to the bowl bit by bit. Poultice of comfrey for pain relief and anti-inflammatory. Salve of coniferous tree resin to seal the wound while combating infections. The nutmeg oil and goldenseal tincture to fight infections. An oil of alder for pain relief and anti-inflammation. Salve of marigold for helping in the healing process.

They didn't know the situation and didn't have the time to parse, they just had to grab everything that could work and go.

They were almost ready to grab the bowl in their mouth and go, before they cursed again, turning back and dumping the mixtures from the bowl onto the table and telekinetically grabbing as much as their telekinesis could handle in wooly lamb's ear leaves, spreading them out along the bowl before putting the other items back inside. The bowl could just barely contain it all, but there was no time for that.

A water skein with several amole bulbs strung from it and rag telekinetically strapped to their waist later, and they had all they could carry.

The healer grabbed the edge of the bowl in their mouth and looked at the dog in a clear indication to lead the way, and they took off running as soon as the dog did, hooves clattering over the stone floor as they gave it their all to keep everything in the bowl.

They came upon the scene of the crime soon enough, and would have cursed again had their mouth not been full. They slowed as they approached, marching forward and making it clear for the others to move aside as they set the bowl on the ground, untying the water skein from their waste and setting it on the ground with the rag on top, before turning back to the bowl and dumping the contents onto the ground and moving the bowl closer to Aislinn.

They placed the rag on the lip of the bowl before pouring water into it, alternating between pouring, crushing the amole bulbs and rubbing them against the inside of the bowl until they lathered into soap, and mixing it with the rag as they spoke.

"Asilinn, this is going to hurt probably almost as much as getting the wound but I need you to bear with me. Do not fall asleep, whatever you do, stay awake. There may be things I don't see and I need you to tell me. And if you injured your head in battle falling asleep could kill you, stay awake.

Reichenbach, I need you to expose the worst part of the wound, while it's good that it's clotting I'm going to have to remove the clots in order to clean it. With a wound of this size, the amount of infection she could have acquired could cause sepsis if not cleaned. I need to get all the dirt and debris out before I can begin treating it. I need you to help hold it out and hold it steady so that way I can clean it.

Rostislav, while he's doing that, see if you can start pulling out damaged or broken feathers to expose more of the injuries. I'd rather she had to grow back her feathers than have an infected wing."

Assuming the others did as told, they sealed the water skein that now only held two thirds of its former contents to help them rinse off the lather after cleaning, two amole bulbs still attached to be remade into a fresh soap mixture if they needed to change the water. They then lifted the soapy rag, and immediately tackled the worst of the damage, not pulling any punches as they dove in with the rag, wetting the edges of the blood clots before working to pry them free, exposing fresh blood with time, and reaching in with the rag to scrub out any dirt or debris that may be caught within.

@Aislinn @Reichenbach @Rostislav

OOC: -walks in 3 months late with starbucks- Well I mean it's up, plus everything that was listed as herbal remedies is not made up, I may not have had the chance to include it in the healer's guide but it is from my research for said guide :D