Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Invictus - [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jude

J U D E

Could've built a garden from all the flowers that you gave me

· · ·

Jude had never had an ounce of venom in his bones. He has always been made up of tear drops and rose buds. The kirin was made for dancing in gardens, unlike the proud kin that filled the isle beyond the smokey sea. Vectaeryn had concealed itself and perhaps he was beginning to understand when the responses unfurled. His nerves shift and contort into something heated, something burning. He might have put dragonfire to shame as the blaze unfurled. Hot tears sting his eyes and the trembling distorts itself. With their responses he feels nothing but frustration. Did anything he said actually pass through their ears!? Or he is merely speaking to a group of walls?

“Just because you act in the interest of the court doesn’t make them wise actions,” Jude says, his voice laced with tension as he tries to reign in his anger. “And perhaps you should consider my words considering I have a source other than the one in front of us.” His eyes turn to Lysander when he responds and he merely looks unimpressed. He meets those unsmiling eyes with a curled lip, his canines peering out. “And yet you must be deaf because I didn’t dismiss the sins of the Night King.” He finds it more and more difficult to cap the inferno that becomes voracious in its hunger. All his life he has been impassive, tolerant.. He has taken the fists and bruises the world callously threw at him but this time… Not this time. He will not bow and he will not be ignored. There is a break in the onslaught of criticism, a pale stranger who’s name he doesn’t know. Then another parts open his lips and he can’t help but feel all the more unimpressed as she speaks of war, carnage and the price of passivity.

“I never spoke of what Dusk will do!” Jude snaps, the fire finally coiling around his mind and he lets himself be consumed by it. “I spoke of the threat of war, because the monarch foolishly acted out against a nation with superior numbers that has a goddamn dragon on its side! As an emissary you should have an understanding of the complexities of inter-court dynamics but you are clearly are lacking in that department.” The insults are sudden and when they roll off his tongue it’s already too late. “Failure is not solely defined by silence. She has potentially failed to protect her people by risking the wrath of a nation with superior numbers and strength.”

He then hears the monarch speak and he cannot help but remember what Isorath had said, everything he spoke. Florentine’s ferocity is met with fire, met with a wrath that has slumbered for too long and he looks horribly unimpressed. “You clearly do not understand Isorath and his character.” He spits in response to her anger. “He is not always motivated by benefit. You wounded his pride, you insulted him by stripping his rank because he met with your lover. That alone is evident that you are ruled by your heart.” Just as Florentine remains in her own resolve, Jude remains in the roar of his anger and he doesn’t wilt. His soft edges are sharpened and he will wield his tongue like a razor blade. “There doesn’t always needs to be benefit for Isorath to act, but of course, why should I possibly offer my caution on someone who considers me a friend when my warnings fall on deaf ears.”

“There should be a reasonable amount of caution when you deal with an enemy that has numbers and resources vastly superior to your own.” Jude spits, “and a dragon is a good reason for caution.” He heaves a breath and finally the fire meets his tongue and it pours out in nothing but pure venom. “I’ve gazed upon competent leaders, but right now, I am not looking on at one. I will not waste my breath and my aid where it is not desired nor welcome.. Just as you gaze to the future, I will gaze to my own and it is not amongst people who ignore my concerns.” He lets the acid pour from his tongue and his eyes seek to meet Florentine’s. He then turns in a flurry of blush and rage. Tears stain the ground but they are not for fear or sorrow, but the fact he seethes, a rose of hatred and it is a terrible sight.

He then storms for the mountains, to return to the arms of his kin.. To find solace in the smoke and starlight that has wooed his own kind. If they will not hear him, he will go to those who will. Jude plunges himself into darkness and he does not once look back or listen to what might be said, for he will not offer his own ears when they could not offer theirs.

Neverr & space

Jude is officially departing from dusk court. as he will not be replying to the thread further, i ask not to be tagged in further replies <3

Messages In This Thread
Invictus - [Meeting] - by Florentine - 04-18-2018, 04:48 AM
RE: Invictus - by Jude - 04-19-2018, 04:14 PM
RE: Invictus - by Asterion - 04-19-2018, 07:59 PM
RE: Invictus - by Lysander - 04-19-2018, 08:01 PM
RE: Invictus - by Israfel - 04-23-2018, 01:05 AM
RE: Invictus - [Meeting] - by Cyrene - 04-23-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: Invictus - [Meeting] - by Florentine - 04-30-2018, 07:34 AM
RE: Invictus - [Meeting] - by Jude - 04-30-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: Invictus - [Meeting] - by Calliope - 04-30-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: Invictus - [Meeting] - by Raymond - 05-08-2018, 07:24 PM