Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! Church Bells [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

Luckily for both of us, I was not trying to pass her. Trying to squeeze by would have doubtless made both of us rather nervous. Gathering from her shaky voice and the way she hugged the wall like her life depended on it (and it probably did), I figure she is terrified of the ledge. I glance at it and feel a tremor in my legs. I'm a bulky fellow and I don't think I'd manage it safely. I back up on the flat plateau and gesture for her to join me.

She's quite polite in how she tries to make way for me, and apologizes for supposedly blocking my path. I might have been more assertive myself and said HEY MOVE. But, you know, that's me.... "I have no need to pass you. Come up here, there's more room and fewer death traps." I tap the solid ground to emphasize that it is safe where I am. Of course notice I said fewer death traps, not none. I watch her quietly, but with a reassuring (if not slightly uncomfortable) smile on my face. Smiling isn't part of my daily routine, at least not that kind of smile. The blue-eyed belle seems sweet and kind, and I feel should try to mirror her, if only because we are two poor souls out in the night on a goddamn mountain. Stupid souls, perhaps.

I gesture around to the smallish plateau with a wave of my horned skull. It was fairly empty but not completely bereft of mountain foliage, nooks, and crannies. "I am searching for the relic, too. I haven't looked here yet, if you'd care to join me. I'm sure looking at night isn't the best idea." Aye, I think that's polite enough!

"."
WC: 293
Tag: @Noxia
Comments: Sorry it's short!

Messages In This Thread
!! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-20-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Rostislav - 06-20-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-21-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-21-2017, 11:42 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 06:08 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-26-2017, 11:47 AM