Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Through the Looking Glass [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

[Image: ezgif_2_ff4dc422ec_by_arrakis93-dbdp0g8.gif]

" THE BEAST COMES QUIETLY FOR ALL "

He repeats my name, getting a feel for it on his tongue. I watch him in silence, letting my mind be at peace without forcing thought into it. It's nice to not really... think. So often our minds continue on and on, even when we try to rest, when we're exhausted. And OH how often when we are trying to SLEEP! After a moment the red painted stallion imitates me, lying down so that we practically mirror each other. We are most definitely within each other's personal bubbles... That thought comes unbidden, and a chuckle slips out of me. It doesn't seem to bother of either of us particularly much, which is a good sign. 'Friendship. Budding bromance.' The words float around in the back of my mind like little abstract amoeba, bumping into each other and around the walls of my skull.

The only problem with the picture is that Camdis Lohair's horns are too large to let him lay his head down comfortably. I lift my head to examine the predicament with an amused smile on my marred face. Instead of lifting his head to speak clearly, Camdis simply tries to talk with this lips smushed into the dirt. I break out in laughter, the deep chuckling rumbling from my belly. It's broken our silence and our peace, but damn if it isn't the best way to break it. As wonderful as the silent view was, laughter is so good for the soul. (And I could always use a bit of healing.) I shake my head in disbelief. It said something that my companion would risk embarrassing himself to mimic me and continue this.. surprisingly wonderful bonding time. I roll upward a little, leaving my hind legs splayed by my front legs tucking in underneath me.

"Perhaps for your sake, we should sit up." My voice is warm, empty of any mockery or disdain. Then, barely missing a beat, the words jump from my mouth like an uncensored toddler. And certainly, they're the words of a small child on the first day of school. "Let's be friends, eh Camdis?" Not that we knew anything about each other except the other's name. But sometimes that's all you need. A name, and a good sense of belonging. Something about that person that just says... yes, let's do this. A satisfied smile reaches all the way to my eyes. I know in that moment that Damaris would have been proud of me, and though a pang for her makes my chest ache, it's soothed by the knowledge that I just made a real-for-real friend.

Text. Words.
WC: 433 Tag: @Camdis OOC: Yaaaas <33

love, space

Messages In This Thread
Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-20-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 06-25-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-25-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-27-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-29-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 08-15-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 08-16-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by sid - 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM