Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Through the Looking Glass [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

[Image: ezgif_2_ff4dc422ec_by_arrakis93-dbdp0g8.gif]

" THE BEAST COMES QUIETLY FOR ALL "

My reverie is broken - subtly broken, if there's such a thing - when the soft sound of hooves reaches my ears. I make an assumption that it is another horse, after all, those are the greatest population in Novus, to my knowledge. Much more likely than a deer or a goat. The noise stops not far from me, in fact rather close, and I glance over to see my assumption is correct. A handsome bay unicorn has set himself down next to me on the part-sandy, part-grassy bank, joining me in silence. His horns are huge, rising over his head and curling back like a ram. His face and neck are splashed a bright red, but the strange and asymmetrical marking doesn't detract from his appearance. I turn my crown forward again and stare out across the lake. For a few minutes, we both lie there in silence, perchance lost in our own thoughts. It occurs to me that never before has someone found me lying down and joined me. A satisfied smile passes over my maw as I realize how peaceful it is to have company, but without it being filled with needless chatter. Not that all talk is pointless or irritating. Conversing between two individuals is something I generally enjoy (mostly), but it can be exhausting to do it over and over again.

A few more minutes pass before I break the silence. "It's beautiful, isn't it? I reference the lake. The shores are so distant that I can't actually see them, and only instinct tells me that I'm at a lake and not a sea. The sun's reflection in the still water casts gentle colors to paint us - hues of lilac, rose, and canary yellow. I take in a deep breath, smelling fresh rainfall on the grass and fish in the lake. It's faint, not overwhelming, just enough of a smell to stimulate the senses and remind you of the nature that's all around. "Very peaceful." I wonder if I should say something else, but the words don't come. Introductions will come, they always do. But for now it's enough to enjoy the moment. Comrades indeed. Joined in this moment in time, at peace with the world.

WC: 369
Tag: @Camdis

love, space

Messages In This Thread
Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-20-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 06-25-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-25-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-27-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-29-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Camdis - 08-15-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 08-16-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: Through the Looking Glass [relic contest] - by sid - 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM