Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A drowsy sweetness

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Her smile is as persistent as the pounding in his head, and he realizes suddenly she is looking at his scars. He can sense the questions in her gaze, and he is glad she does not speak them out loud. He is not ready to tell some stories. (-- although he would, if she asked. He is generous in that way.) Each and every scar has a story. The body remembers, even when the mind does not want to.

"I'm just wandering." He says plainly, and he truly thinks that's what she's doing here to. Wandering in body and mind. But of course, he cannot be sure.

"What if I am here to spy?" She asks, all wicked playfulness, and although he has already considered this he takes a moment to re-consider. Surely there are secrets to be found in these dark alleyways-- Solterra is built on whispers--  would this woman be so brazen as to spy without even trying to disguise herself?

Finally, he shrugs. "I will show you the court myself, and you can tell all the world what you have seen." He steps further into the ruined maze of shadowy alleyways with a gesture of his head for her to follow. "They should know, anyway. The truth."  

To Eik's surprise and disdain, this desert has stirred his sleepy heart. Life is at its most extreme here- Solterra may be full of violence and corruption, but the passion and beauty shine all the brighter for it.  He only hopes to show the lady the clear and honest truth of his court, and let her come to her own conclusions. Gods know there's enough misinformation out there.

On they walk through the narrow alleys, Eik a step ahead to gently guide the way. It feels uncomfortable to be so immediately at ease with the stranger, and these paradoxical emotions (comfort and discomfort) continue to battle in his chest as they weave through the city. Flora she demands to be called, which he agrees to with a simple nod of his head. He has always found long names cumbersome and decadent (not so dissimilar from the fancy outfits some of the Solterran nobles chose to wear) except for a certain Moira Tonnerre, so he is pleased by the nickname. Flora.

Eik is surprised and vaguely uncomfortable that she recognizes his name, but it is her next statement which stops him in his tracks.

"Brother? ?"

Eik looks at Flora in complete bewilderment. "He didn't tell me you're his sister." He peers at her as if with new eyes, looking for the features of his dear friend. Her eyes, maybe, are similar-- but Eik can't quite get past the wings and the flowers and the creamy gold of her skin. He remembers, then, that he is Emissary, and he continues the tour with a sheepish nod of his head. It doesn't matter, really, that Asterion and Florentine are brother and sister. It was a surprise, that's all, and he hasn't felt surprised in some time. "So you came here from Ravos, too? Will you tell me about it?"

The subject moves on to bees, and he listens in mute surprise at the wealth of things she has to say on the topic. The question was simply the first thing that came to mind, and he's frankly a little overwhelmed by how chatty she becomes.

Does he know how hard it is to talk with a lisp? "... I can only imagine." he says, uncertain if she is done speaking about bees or not. But then her memories sweep her away (oh how well he knows what that is like) and he lets her go, trusting she will return.

When she does, she catches him off guard again. Although this is his home and not hers, it seems she is the one pulling all the strings. And though it makes him feel a little guilty, like he's doing something wrong, he can't help but to feel very relaxed in Flora's company. She seems to amplify his childlike curiousity, and together they carry each other where alone they might not go.

"you remind me of the moon."

It seems a mighty complement, certainly one he's never heard before, and he shifts his weight uncertainly from side to side. "Have you ever danced with your moon shadow Eik?" His head is tilted now in curiosity. What is a moon shadow? He is about to ask, but focuses instead on what seems more important- "I don't know how to dance. It always seemed like a waste of time.

He wants to say "You look like nothing I've ever seen" but decides not to-- it sounds too adoring, and anyway he's seen golden girls, and flowers, and wings before-- just never all in one chatty, fragrant package.

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

@Florentine pardon my monster of a reply... soso much goodness going on in this thread already <3

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
A drowsy sweetness - by Eik - 05-02-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: A drowsy sweetness - by Florentine - 05-29-2018, 05:45 PM
RE: A drowsy sweetness - by Eik - 06-01-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: A drowsy sweetness - by Florentine - 06-03-2018, 04:36 PM
RE: A drowsy sweetness - by Eik - 06-14-2018, 06:36 PM
RE: A drowsy sweetness - by Florentine - 06-30-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: A drowsy sweetness - by Eik - 07-16-2018, 05:50 PM