Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - bone to rune; skull to dust [AW]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

I've gone a million miles
With the same crooked smile

The answer received was far from unexpected, and it was a shame that the Elder couldn’t see the wickedly amused grin that swept across the poison master’s features. Unlike many of the Ilati, Atreus did not worship Vespera or any deity for that matter – none had helped him get where he was now, and none had come to his rescue when he’d needed it most. Oh, he knew that they were real and that their power was greater than any he could ever own, but he had no need for their grace.

Lowering his head, the man of crimson and silver dutifully set to his task. Taking advantage of the magic gifted to those who passed into Novus’ borders, removed the flowers from the basket and lay them gently in a wide bowl suitable for crushing. From there, he took a rock and began to meticulously crush them, as though he would completely destroy them if not careful in his actions.

Turhan spoke, and Atreus flicked his eyes of black and gold questioningly up towards the lounging man. He had felt a deep rumble from the earth beneath his feet the night prior, a curious thing indeed for in all the years before, he couldn’t recall a single time he’d felt something like it. Sure, Terrastella had experienced minor quakes of the earth in the past, but this had been something different, something that had penetrated his hooves and shaken his very bones. But Atreus did not know the source.

”I haven’t the slightest,” he admitted truthfully, glancing back down to the progression of his work, ”It could be anything – an earthquake, the Gods toying with us. Maybe Vespera guiding you.” But he was not so foolish as to think it was any of those things. Another question came before he could offer his insight as to what may actually be afoot, and this time Atreus quirked a brow at the ramshackle man. “Veneror, you mean?” He asked for clarification sake, “Perhaps I could make the trip, if it were worth my while. I’ll need more than just ’blue blooms’ to go off of, though.” Atreus made to speak further, to inquire as to who ‘Atatu’ was, but was abruptly stopped by the arrival of another.

Craning his neck, Atreus surveyed the grey for a moment, assessing her. Her posture was one that offered respect to both he and Turhan despite the fact that the poison master failed to recognize her. Perhaps even more curious was her choice of words, and the cogs of the man’s mind began to turn with realization. She was Ilati – or at least connected to them in some way, just like Atreus himself was.

He hummed softly beneath his breath as he turned away and directed his attention back on the bowl at his feet and the contents it held. “Flowers,” he answered quite simply because, honestly, it had been his only reason for venturing to the cliffsides of Terrastella. ”Besides, swamp musk hardly suits me.” A grin flashed across his face in that instant, but it was gone as he glanced back in the direction of the dappled girl, that blackened eye haunting against the glint of the flickering fire and the growing darkness. The subject of Nahane was quite easily the most cherished topic amongst the Ilati people, and although Atreus could care less himself, to speak so openly of her hadn’t always been viewed with positivity. In response, the man gave a short and simple, gruffly spoken answer. “No.”

And I always give you all you need
But I can see that you're dancing with the devil

@Turhan @Indra

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
bone to rune; skull to dust [AW] - by Turhan - 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM
RE: bone to rune; skull to dust [AW] - by Atreus - 05-21-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: bone to rune; skull to dust [AW] - by Indra - 05-24-2018, 05:38 PM
RE: bone to rune; skull to dust [AW] - by Turhan - 05-27-2018, 03:14 AM
RE: bone to rune; skull to dust [AW] - by Atreus - 05-29-2018, 07:11 AM
RE: bone to rune; skull to dust [AW] - by Indra - 06-04-2018, 05:20 PM