Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - our grand attempts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Toulouse

toulouse

It was, he supposed either incredibly fortunate or marvelously unfortunate that he had wandered into the Night Court the very same day as the gates were shut.

On one side of the coin, it was an awful inconvenience to be unable to wander as he pleased, to be trapped in one area of big world—it didn’t matter how big the Night Court may be. In his eyes, it was still nothing compared to what awaited him beyond those raven-gilded gates.

But on the other side… there was a reason to the gates closing. A reason he couldn’t help but be dangerously curious about. Was this typical of the Court of Stars? Or was the world simply changing around him before he had even a chance to know what it was like before? And in that case… why?

Since finding that letter, he’d seen very few other people wandering about—and even those had been at a distance. It was time for the wolf to come out of his den, to begin his hunt for information.

The stars were beginning to fade overhead as he waded through the prairie grasses, giving way to a soft light beginning on the eastern horizon. And with that light came a figure: a statue that lived and breathed, head risen and arched towards the mountains, where frozen fire had burned only hours before.

His ears pricked forward in interest, head lifting a few degrees higher into the air. Could this be his first informant, perhaps?

“Excuse me, ma’am,” he called out from a distance, his voice pouring out with mild concern as he made his way closer. “But I don’t suppose you have any more of an idea as to what’s going on than I do?”

the motherland don't love you,
the fatherland don’t love you.
so why love anything?

the faithless; they don't love you
the zealous hearts don’t love you.
and that's not gonna change.

ut deo.

@jezanna hope this is alright !
”here am I!”

art: © x coding: © x

Messages In This Thread
our grand attempts - by Jezanna - 05-18-2018, 07:26 PM