Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stranger

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

BEXLEY BRIAR

my carnivore heart comes out after dark -

Bexley’s talked with men enough to know that one like this - overseer, obnoxiously confident, smart in mouth but perhaps not in mind - are a dime a dozen, nothing to get worked up about. But for the dry half-smirk on her lips and the quirk of one gold brow, she disregards his impudence almost completely. A dime a dozen, the regent reminds herself, and is only startled from her disregard by the sound of someone coming up the slope behind her.

Of course, another man. Bexley has to bite back her annoyance. For once, just once, couldn’t she be joined by someone nice, some other pale-haired girl, someone more tactician than warrior?

She glances over the new arrival with a look of estimation, as if he’s nothing more than a piece of meat, and he very well might be if he doesn’t make himself useful very soon. He’s shorter than she is but seemingly much stronger, heavy-set, desert-weary, painted in absolute monochrome, and when he speaks she can’t help raising a brow, both surprised and amused by him jumping to her defense. They’ve both underestimated her fierceness - disregarded the possibility that of all three of them, Bexley may very well have shattered the most bones. She’s absolutely broken the most hearts.

"You exhaust me." The statement is directed at Silas with casual disdain. "And you -" she turns over her shoulder to face Booker and fixes him with a cool, flint-eyed glare, the smile that crosses her lips faint and venomous. "The effort is appreciated, but I wouldn’t be Solterra’s regent if I couldn’t hold my own, so don’t worry about it." Her smile depends, finally flashing teeth.

"Now," Bex continues in a cool murmur, batting her lashes in mock-flirtation, "You’re both welcome to introduce yourselves and we can start from the top, or you can leave, immediately."

Subdued anger burbles in her chest, like rock liquified, but anyone would be hard to find it in an expression she’s spent months learning to carefully mute.

@silas <3  

Messages In This Thread
Stranger - by Silas - 05-23-2018, 04:44 AM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 05-31-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: Stranger - by Silas - 06-01-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 06-09-2018, 01:23 PM
RE: Stranger - by Booker - 06-21-2018, 11:39 PM
RE: Stranger - by Silas - 06-26-2018, 10:57 PM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 06-27-2018, 02:38 AM
RE: Stranger - by Booker - 06-27-2018, 12:07 PM
RE: Stranger - by Silas - 07-11-2018, 06:56 PM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 07-21-2018, 01:54 AM