Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [M] The call of Violence

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Efphion

Effy had been pleased by his cocked visage at her initial question. She could see the discomfort, or at least she thought she did. Eik remained silent, and his thoughtfulness allowed her to wait and poise her own response. He spoke of the pride that Solterran's carried within. Her golden gaze softened slightly, it was impossible to tell if she admired such pride or found it amusing. "As are the children of Reth. Does my prideful demeanor make your skin recoil?" Effy's words were almost taunting as she spoke to him, but she had reigned in her usual aggression that would follow such a question. The dark maiden did not flinch beneath his gaze, she returned any gaze he gave her. The storm inside her seemed to have reached a stasis for the moment. Eik was interesting, and not like others she knew. He was not so prideful, and often chewed on the words he wanted to say much longer than most Rethian soldiers. Eik questioned her about her knowledge of Solterra. Effy narrowed her eyes in response to his question, her dangerous smirk tearing that rift through her facade again.

His words bit into her, and they stirred her turbulent core. "A proud kingdom etched into the desert sands and stones. I know that Solterra serves the deity of the Sun. Violent. Proud. It is a mirror of my homeland." She answered him, her words precise and each was punctuated so that he could not mistake even a syllable she uttered. Eik asked why she dared brave the unforgiving desert to come here. A bitter laugh escaped her maw, she couldn't help it. "It proves my determination, and dedication. Do you think the average equine would survive the trek? I came to become a daughter of Solterra. I am the fury that each army breathes down the neck of their enemies. I don't know why you keep rephrasing the same question. I came to join Solterra. I serve the sun, and as your kingdom serves the sun, I will serve your kingdom. Religious sanctuary and reasons. Does that sate you?" She hissed, her irritation was swelling once again.

Effy had noticed Eik's own flashes of irritation, and part of her took satisfaction in the fact that she was most likely the cause of it. His response was shorter than before. A smirk tore it's way across her face once more. "Do not think your honesty will offend me. If there is no requirements nor tests I need to join, then don't indulge me simply because it is your duty. I already get the feeling that you disdain my very existence. Is that true? It wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last time. I don't care what the world thinks of me. At least you get authentic with a bitch like me." She laughed viciously as her words faded away. The bleached stag invited her to the arena, and excitement ignited her frame like lightning that streaked through the sky. "Keep speaking my language and I might just be making nightly visits to you. I'll enter the arena if you will be my opponent. Otherwise, I will gladly accept a tour." She laughed again, her demeanor was still violent but at least she was comfortable enough to joke with him.

"Speech"
Notes: Sorry for the wait and awful post
Tags: OPEN | @Seraphina (I'm gonna keep this tag her for you because you're still very welcome!) @Eik 
Words: 554

I SLEEP NO MORE
and die again

Messages In This Thread
[M] The call of Violence - by Efphion - 06-04-2018, 08:54 PM
RE: [M] The call of Violence - by Eik - 06-21-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: [M] The call of Violence - by Efphion - 06-21-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: [M] The call of Violence - by Eik - 06-27-2018, 08:25 PM
RE: [M] The call of Violence - by Efphion - 07-20-2018, 03:03 PM
RE: [M] The call of Violence - by Eik - 08-11-2018, 10:04 PM