Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Odeen [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 29
Signos: 1,315
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  18 [Year 492 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 59  |    Active Magic: Spell Warding  |    Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)

One of the most interesting results - for Raymond, at least - of the activity atop Veneror Peak was seeing horses wandering up from the southeastern territory. He had resolved to investigate the territory in due time ever since Calliope's eager mention of a dragon, but had half expected them to keep themselves locked up in spite of the summons that they doubtlessly received around the time the unusual goose arrived in the Dusk Court.

Now the gates were open, and as soon as the red stallion could spare a moment he had set out to intrude upon whatever business they'd been hiding behind the rather impressive yet impractical wall of theirs.

A long stride and unhesitant confidence of the sort that lets a guy walk straight through security without turning a single head got him through the open gate under cover of night. As dawn broke over the unfamiliar kingdom, casting a mirror-shine across the surface of a massive lake, the red stallion adjusted his gait from purposeful to meandering, eyes and ears alert even if his body said he was out for an early morning stroll in a place he'd visited a hundred times.

The sound of splintering wood drew his attention to a dun filly by the lake, taking out her frustrations on the local flora. Blood-smell faintly permeated the air; he quirked a brow and pursed his lips as the scent and violence were joined by a hissed fucking cats.

Now, as someone who considered himself rather fond of cats of all shapes and sizes, Raymond was...not offended so much as intrigued by the youth's ire. All cats were dangerous - one could hardly blame a predator for her need to hunt. As Hydra leapt into the lake, Raymond slipped into the space at the shoreline that she had occupied, standing straight-backed and proud as he waited for her to resurface for air.

When she did, he said simply, "I happen to like cats."

Raymond.
"he's an outlaw loose and runnin'," came the whisper from each lip
"and he's here to do some business with the big iron on his hip."

@Hydra

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Messages In This Thread
I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 02:14 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Raymond - 06-14-2018, 12:25 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-14-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-26-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 07-03-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 07-07-2018, 10:56 PM